By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021

Destiny is the best new IP in this fucking generation. Fuck, I've been playing that game for the past 3 years, with only a few months away on occasion. I love the gameplay and the co-op modes.

Switch is nothing but a fad - much like the Wii was, only Switch's popularity will fade faster than the Wii's did. And the lack of 3rd party support will once again doom a Nintendo product.

They can't release new AAA franchise games fast enough to keep up with the demand. Right now, demand exceeds supply, sometime this summer, supply will equal demand, and then it will exceed demand.

Warned ~ CGI

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
Destiny is the best new IP in this fucking generation. Fuck, I've been playing that game for the past 3 years, with only a few months away on occasion. I love the gameplay and the co-op modes.

Switch is nothing but a fad - much like the Wii was, only Switch's popularity will fade faster than the Wii's did. And the lack of 3rd party support will once again doom a Nintendo product.

They can't release new AAA franchise games fast enough to keep up with the demand. Right now, demand exceeds supply, sometime this summer, supply will equal demand, and then it will exceed demand.

You know the angry fanboys won't like this post lol 

Warned ~ CGI

Panama said:
Not gonna lie. I do love that despite Nintendo constantly reiterating the Switch is not a handheld and theyll keep supporting the 3ds, when detractors point out valid issues with the device as a home console, devotees just keep going nah its a handheld.

well to be fair on Nintendo's part that is purely marketing so they can continue to sell the 3DS for a while before the Switch drops price and start picking up the cheaper handheld-only consumers.

Obviously the Switch is a handheld, just look at the damn thing. It's a handheld with a dock so it can also play as a console, but it can also truly be considered a console since it gives console game experience.

Not sure how you don't get the point of Nintendo's marketing. The fact is that the Switch being a hybrid means it doesn't have to just live off AAA games that you expect on a console, because plenty of people will be using it more as a handheld and for them smaller games will cut it with the occasional console-type experience, and of course there will be plenty of console experiences on it, just not a ton of the AAA third party variety, but plenty of Ninty first party AAA games which are many of the best in the industry.

Rem87919394 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

You know the angry fanboys won't like this post lol 

You know what they say about opinions........they are like _________  and everyone is entitled to one.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Those titles like destiny and other triple A multiplats never matter in these threads but as soon as some of these are announced the port begging is off the charts.

But at this point why people still buy nintendo consoles expecting to get AAA multiplatform games? You buy them to play nintendo games , still great to play those smaller games and indie multiplatform games on portable mode, to me its the best way to play games like bomberman, shovel knight etc.

Like Bayonetta 2 port begging?

I wonder how many would buy a switch to play red dead/destiny. 

Around the Network

I think it is safe to say that even if they would have released on Switch, they would have flopped sales-wise. 3rd party games still don't have any effect on Nintendo consoles sales these days so Nintendo shouldn't worry about it.

Also, the poll is kinda stupid because the first two options are impossible. I don't know how Nintendo should fail to sell less than 25m Switches LT.

If I wanted to play blockbuster 3rd party games, I'd buy a PS4/Xbone. Honestly though, AAA blockbusters haven't really appealed to me for years now.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Also, the poll is kinda stupid because the first two options are impossible. I don't know how Nintendo should fail to sell less than 25m Switches LT.

A few people still think the Switch will be lucky to outsell the Wii U. Most believe that since Nintendo keeps supporting the 3DS (with great titles such as spin-off #20 of Mario), the Switch and 3DS are competing, and the Switch can't apparently win that battle.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I think Cod ww2 is coming