By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Payday 2 even have a chance on the Switch?

Airaku said:
ktay95 said:
Nope, it will bomb hard and that's all it deserves.

Assholes like you is why third parties struggle on Nintendo and why there's such a risk factor.

For some reason, I get the feeling you don't understand that him saying this won't be the reason why it will bomb.

Around the Network

Barely has a chance on any platform but PC

Preston Scott

BasilZero said:
Airaku said:

Assholes like you is why third parties struggle on Nintendo and why there's such a risk factor.

Lmao!

Pretty sure there's a bigger reason why they struggle than that...

No, I get that :P But it's the attitude that has plagued some good releases in the past. I'm just personally growing a bit sick of that attitude a long with shit like the "can we please admit Nintendo should go third party" bullshit threads I'm seeing.

But yes. The fact this game is 3 or 4 years old is concerning.

It'll bomb, big time. There's just no reason for that game to exist on Switch.

Ljink96 said:

Really? More games = more choices. Just because it doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean it won't appeal someone else. I've seen very polarizing opinions over at reddit.

Please list what alternative FPS game is available for the Switch? If you can't then it most definitely has a reason to exist. It's the only game for it's market.

More choices is good for mass market appeal. 

Around the Network
Airaku said:
Ljink96 said:

Really? More games = more choices. Just because it doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean it won't appeal someone else. I've seen very polarizing opinions over at reddit.

Please list what alternative FPS game is available for the Switch? If you can't then it most definitely has a reason to exist. It's the only game for it's market.

More choices is good for mass market appeal. 

Whatever, floats your boat. I'm not saying it'll bomb because it doesn't fit my taste, I'm saying it'll bomb because most 3rd party games bomb on Nintendo platforms anyway. I've been through this numerous times...Nintendo fans don't buy this type of content, and people who say they will buy this content on Nintendo platforms end up coming in small numbers...very small numbers while the rest simply remember they can play on a billion other platforms and pass it by. 

Sure, it doesn't appeal to me, and that's why I can say it won't appeal to many switch gamers who are like me and mostly buy Nintendo content and Japanese content on Nintendo platforms. Sorry if people feel that these games will sell remotely well on switch, history just doesn't support these claims. 

d21lewis said:
I think, early in a console's life, when there isn't much competition and people are starved for software, anything can happen.

Bingo. When I saw this game was coming to Switch its pretty obvious they're taking the opportunity to be the first FPS game on Switch.

For that reason we'll see Nintendo fans talking about Payday 2.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ljink96 said:

Whatever, floats your boat. I'm not saying it'll bomb because it doesn't fit my taste, I'm saying it'll bomb because most 3rd party games bomb on Nintendo platforms anyway. I've been through this numerous times...Nintendo fans don't buy this type of content, and people who say they will buy this content on Nintendo platforms end up coming in small numbers...very small numbers while the rest simply remember they can play on a billion other platforms and pass it by. 

Sure, it doesn't appeal to me, and that's why I can say it won't appeal to many switch gamers who are like me and mostly buy Nintendo content and Japanese content on Nintendo platforms. Sorry if people feel that these games will sell remotely well on switch, history just doesn't support these claims. 

That's not the problem. The problem is the hypocrisy of that mindset. One day they bitch that Nintendo doesn't get enough 3rd party support and then when they do they start acting like little shit cry babies saying that game will fail. Many good developers have suffered from this. Many don't even take consideration or feedback from fans like this anymore because clearly they don't know what they want. If you want more 3rd party games then people need to vote with their wallets.

Now if you're content with what you have then I may have took what you said the wrong way. I just don't ever want to hear you say "The Switch needs more 3rd party support". This shit has happened before. Do people with this mindset actually go to the store and ask to hold a random 3rd party game in their hands as say "This is soooo coooooooool! But fuck this game!"?

Is gonna flop like Devils Thrid

I'm buying it!

I want to encourage atypical Nintendo experiences on Nintendo consoles. We haven't seen a significant amount of that since the Gamecube (my favorite console of all-time).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7