By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Turkey Referendum Discussion- Update: Meet your new dictator

another nightmare for EU, like they didn't have enough

It's funny how EU is being criticized, while it is a relatively healthy region in terms of politics, most of their trouble comes from outside

US has a shitty president half the country dislikes, Britain may end up with Scotexit, Russia is holding a part of Ukraine which sucks for world peace, and now Turkey is the new country to be under dictatorship

it is worth noting that we won't know the real effects of the Turkish reforms anytime soon, as the changes are to be applied from 2019

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Qwark said:

Just explain one thing to me if the Netherlands is such a terrible place. Why isn't every Turk leaving. Unlike that corrupt shit hole we actually don't keep people against their will. We very much like brown people as long as they like Mr Aboutaleb adapt and respect the Dutch values. Something which clearly didn't work out with A PART the Dutch Turks all that well. 

I hope Turkey does send Syrians to Europe since they are now living in the equivalent of hell. The EU can manage a few more million Syrians. We would be happy to trade them with that part of Dutch Turks. Everybody wins because Holland is the equivalent of hell for Turks. Erdogan is in my eyes a murderer, didn't he want the death penalty back anyway.

I am perfectly fine by NL cutting all ties with Turkey and now that everyone wants it. Let's get on with it, Turkey can keep their 6 billion send another few million Syrians trough. Most of them are pretty well educated anyway. Perhaps in 2030 when Erdogan isn't Turkey is leader anymore perhaps we should renegotiate with Turkey.

We are Dutch we trade stuff and that's where it ends for us. Historically spealing we dont care what we trade or with whom. The Nertherlands also don't want to influence every country on the planet like the US, Turkey, Russia and other countries want. Considering Turkey made its long therm goals very clear, gain control over parts of Europe. It is in my eyes no longer a viable relationship between NL and Turkey is to be had. Funny enough Germany and NL where very invested in Turkey. But Turkey doesn't want our money anyways. So to Turkey I would say good luck finding new friends perhaps Putin is intrested.

I only pitty the Turks entrepreneurs that once had a wealthy and nice going tourist economy. But since more than 50% of the Tourists came from Europe even excluding Russia in its prime day I guess those will sadly suffer badly.

No one said Netherlands is a terrible place, it's a wonderful place, thats why we try to make more babies here.

Spedfrom said:

You're spreading hate for no good reason and I've reported you. Erdogan is a dictator that wil llikely stay in power until 2029. No politician does any good being in power for that long, quite the contrary. Stop being defensive and think rationally about the takeover that is happening in your country right now. 

Not sure how you expect me to respond to a guy who said he wants Turkey to go to shit rather than have it be a strong European player(Qwark has confused his Erdogan hatred with Turkey) and a guy making a xenophobic post hinting me to get out of Europe.

If this is your tone against Turks who voted against Erdogan then you will never have Turks as friends. No Turk will ever accept racism and ill will against his motherland. I will be more rational and more qualified to speak about my country than any non-Turk can ever be.

Turkish, I get you are upset, but you were the one to inflame Qwark with your 'future colony Germany' comment, up until that point everyone was pretty respectful and civilised. If you start projecting anger and hate, you can't be surprised when others return in kind. 

barneystinson69 said:
Qwark said:

Just explain one thing to me if the Netherlands is such a terrible place. Why isn't every Turk leaving. Unlike that corrupt shit hole we actually don't keep people against their will. We very much like brown people as long as they like Mr Aboutaleb adapt and respect the Dutch values. Something which clearly didn't work out with A PART the Dutch Turks all that well. 

I hope Turkey does send Syrians to Europe since they are now living in the equivalent of hell. The EU can manage a few more million Syrians. We would be happy to trade them with that part of Dutch Turks. Everybody wins because Holland is the equivalent of hell for Turks. Erdogan is in my eyes a murderer, didn't he want the death penalty back anyway.

I am perfectly fine by NL cutting all ties with Turkey and now that everyone wants it. Let's get on with it, Turkey can keep their 6 billion send another few million Syrians trough. Most of them are pretty well educated anyway. Perhaps in 2030 when Erdogan isn't Turkey is leader anymore perhaps we should renegotiate with Turkey.

We are Dutch we trade stuff and that's where it ends for us. Historically spealing we dont care what we trade or with whom. The Nertherlands also don't want to influence every country on the planet like the US, Turkey, Russia and other countries want. Considering Turkey made its long therm goals very clear, gain control over parts of Europe. It is in my eyes no longer a viable relationship between NL and Turkey is to be had. Funny enough Germany and NL where very invested in Turkey. But Turkey doesn't want our money anyways. So to Turkey I would say good luck finding new friends perhaps Putin is intrested.

I only pitty the Turks entrepreneurs that once had a wealthy and nice going tourist economy. But since more than 50% of the Tourists came from Europe even excluding Russia in its prime day I guess those will sadly suffer badly.

I have to admit this is a pretty good burn. Even so, the argument is getting out of hand, so can both of you just stop. 

The as you wish my opinion of Erdogan is new regime and everything I dislike about it is pretty much stated anyway.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Just a reminder for people to calm the tone, or else moderation will throw some bans

I hoped for a No because I have a feeling it would have been better for the country but now we will have to wait and see what erdogan does with his power.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Turkey in full blown civil war in ten years flat if the yes vote wins

loy310 said:
Turkey in full blown civil war in ten years flat if the yes vote wins

Let's hope not that will turn out very ugly in Turkey and also outside of it. Although I do agree there is more risc for something like that to happen now. Let's hope after Brexit and this, that Europe isn't going to make any big referendum with a projected 50/50 outcome for at least a decade.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I expected this, Turkey was never a real democracy anyways.

It was always controlled by the Military, now its controlled by Erdogan.

Why is it arab countries always end up like this?

I can venture a guess though... Islam.

Nem said:
Why is it arab countries always end up like this?

I can venture a guess though... Islam.

Guess what? Turkey's not an Arab country. They're a Turkic country like Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan.