By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In US Zelda BotW on Switch has attach rate over 100%!

The Switch sold 906,000 units in the United States during March, Nintendo has revealed. Today’s information comes straight from the NPD Group.

According to Nintendo, Switch is “one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time.” It also comes “in a nontraditional month for a console launch.”

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild also sold over 1.3 million copies. More than 925,000 units were on Switch while another 460,000 were from Wii U. Nintendo sold more of Zelda: Breath of the Wild than it sold Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent. The reasoning here “may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play.”

Zelda BotW wasn't even bundled, thats crazy.

Zelda BotW numbers only in March WW are around 2.5.

Around the Network

Interesting that Nintendo or NPD don't really mentioned anything about 1,2 Switch sales, I wonder if that one sold below expectations.

Zelda is obviously above, because no one could've predicted that, lol.

See what 1 game can do! If Nintendo had more Switches, Both numbers would have been much higher!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
See what 1 game can do! If Nintendo had more Switches, Both numbers would have been much higher!

The right game and the right marketing with an attractive looking piece of hardware makes all the difference. I don't know why Nintendo struggles with this concept so often. It's not rocket science, there's no secret to it. Do these three things and you will have a good launch. 

it is at 500k for 2 weeks on vgchartz, 60 in the second.
3 weeks to get 425k, or vgchartz will undertrack it.
Unless digital took a great part of sales.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Jranation said:

The right game and the right marketing with an attractive looking piece of hardware makes all the difference. I don't know why Nintendo struggles with this concept so often. It's not rocket science, there's no secret to it. Do these three things and you will have a good launch. 

I agree with that! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Soundwave said:

Interesting that Nintendo or NPD don't really mentioned anything about 1,2 Switch sales, I wonder if that one sold below expectations.

Zelda is obviously above, because no one could've predicted that, lol.

I wonder what their expectations were then?

The game sold surprisingly good first week.

Ka-pi96 said:
eh, it's not really that crazy. Just look at the rest of the launch lineup and it's pretty obvious why Zelda has such a high attach rate

Having more than 100% attach rate for game that isn't even bundled is crazy in any case. :)

It has to be. Why would you buy a Nintendo Switch right now, if not to play Zelda?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

NS selling almost 1m in the US alone in March and the system being sold out everywhere for weeks most likely means the Switch will be pass 3m at the end of this month (it may already be pass 3m tbh), that means in 2 months it has sold what the Wii U did in 12 months.

Like Switch or not they've handled the system well and answered the skepticism of launching in March with a hard answer that shows their actions were the right ones to take, with the ND indicating that 2017 is 3DS' swan song leaving the unified platform as their sole focus they have quite strong start.