By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'Gran Turismo for Boys' still coming

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186176

Kazunori Yamauchi never forgets. Not even a whisper has been uttered about the elusive Gran Turismo for Boys venture since its original 2004 announcement for PS2, but it's still coming, Yamauchi insists.

If you hadn't already forgotten it ever existed, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the game had been canned years ago, but GT creator Yamauchi has told CVG that it's still on the way, but not a standalone game as previously thought.

"We're hoping to make that a feature within Gran Turismo 5," he told us during the recent interview, while admitting that he and his team are so busy with GT5 for PS3 that they have little time for other projects.

Gran Turismo for Boys is thought to be a simplified version of the typically brutally realistic GT gameplay, aimed at making the game accessible to younger ones.

So skidding would be impossible, the game will break for you, and Bob the Builder is in the driver's seat, we presume.

Hit the link above for the full interview.

Around the Network

Edit: Wow I feel dumb, I get it, it's too hard to control.

Um, surely "children"? Or have they finally realised the target demographic of the PS3 is not biologically female?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I think is GT meets mario kart?

Game_boy said:
Um, surely "children"? Or have they finally realised the target demographic of the PS3 is not biologically female?

wow, I have been starring at this for 5 minutes and I cant think of a single response to this. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Haha what? "thought to be a simplified version of the typically brutally realistic GT gameplay". Pff. It's a racing game. Not that hard to understand how to play it. I was playing GT when I was like 6-7 >_> Is a realistic game somehow hard to play now?

the license tests and unlocking the high-end cars can be a pain in the rear

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

lol ... Im not so shure that this will help the game to evolve ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

umm

yeah...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it