By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why you should want a 360.

De85 said:

FYI I read both your post, and the post you were quoting.  A thread does not have to be a comprehensive analysis of every conceivable strength and weakness of all consoles on the market to be useful for purchasing decisions.  Not everybody is going to agree with what you find helpful so get over it and let the people interested in the topic at hand (strengths of 360) discuss that topic.  

I repeat, if you want to debate pros and cons go find a thread on that, and if you can't find one then make one.

Actually if you want to make an educated desicion....

Around the Network

So aside from games, which the PS3 has plenty to offer, why should I by a 360. From what I've heard all I am going to get is a overheating console that I will almost certainly have to send in atleast once.

Can the 360 do anything beside games? Not really...

Can somebody tell me, why I should want a PS3 if I already have 360  

BrayanA said:

Can somebody tell me, why I should want a PS3 if I already have 360  

Its prettier.

Tease.

Ninja Gaiden 2.

Ok, now you can close this thread.

Around the Network

take a look at my previous comment, more and better games imo. Free online whitout lag.cheap, but excellent blu ray. Excellent media center with true hd sound and 1080p. built in wifi, reliable, sixaxis the list goes on.

masterb8tr said:
take a look at my previous comment, more and better games imo. Free online whitout lag.cheap, but excellent blu ray. Excellent media center with true hd sound and 1080p. built in wifi, reliable, sixaxis the list goes on.

Online lags for me, not xbox live - dont use blu ray disks - Xbox360 does media centre stuff with better integration with Vista - Dont have surround so doesnt matter - 1080p only for movies which I dont buy and hardly rent. Wifi drops out heaps - sixaxis hardly used. Havent turned it on in 6 months, haze shaved off two months so it wouldnt have been 8 months since I turned it on to play a game (next would have otherwise been MGS4), pretty much every time I rent a blu ray I get the thing to update the PS3 lol. Thats my take on what you call reasons to own a PS3 Edit: Most importantly its prettier than a 360 so it looks better when you're not using it. Which for me is ALOT.

Tease.

"Its prettier."

Really?

Diffrent people have diffrent problems. I live in East Europe. For me price is the most important thing. Most PS3 games are 8$ more then 360 one. You can buy PS3 everywhere. At the moment 40GB is 400 euros with no games, 40GB + GTP for 420 euros and 60GB + 1 game for 620 euros. 360 20 GB is only 250 euros + 2 games. You can't find blu ray disks here, so BD in my position is pointless. I like 360 gamepad more then PS2/PS3. My xbox is quiet as mouse, no signs of overheating (model late 2007, BenQ DVD Drive). I have HDMI output, but I don't have HD TV . I already played 15 XBOX 1 games which I take from a friend and I will not play 30 PS2 games I can take, cos nobody want to pay 620 euros for 60GB version! I still can't see a reason to buy PS3 and I can see a lot of reasons to have 360.

BTW I'm happy that most of 360 exclusives goes to PC later. I used to be a PC gamer and I love PC gaming ( hurray  Starcraft 2 ) . I remember how I was pissed on Sony for all PS2 games and how happy I was when MS put their XBOX games later for PC. From all this exclusives the real losers are we - the gamers. In my opinion only 1st and 2nd party games need to be time exclusive. This will push 1st and 2nd devs to make more good games. Why full  exclusives when everybody can enjoy games he/she like on the platform he/she wants.

Yeah someone should make a thred about the pros and cons of every system that would be cool

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Starcraft said he would make a similar thread for the PS3 and the Wii.