By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why you should want a 360.

18.7 million gamers have chosen the X360

125 mln. gamers have chose the PS2.
PS3 will get MOST PS2 games sequels.
Why to jump on x360, when most your fabourite game series will be releases on PS3?

while only 12.4 million have chosen PS3.

Because, MGS4, GT5, FFXIII, Tekken6, Team Ico games is yet to be released.
More over, x360 is 2,5 years on a market, while PS3 is only 1,5 year.
With having 1 year advantage, it has obnly 6 mln. advantage. =)) Not to mention, that x360 sales numbers in NA is overtracked by 700k. =))

PS3 will get much more exclusives in next 12 month, and will have more great exclusive games, then x360 with 1 year advantage. =]

RROD anyone?
Till RROD is fixed, i wouldn`t recomment x360 to anyone. After it fixed, oh come on, soon it will be 3 years and will still having problems.
Though, maybe Jaspar will cure the RROD, let`s hope.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
shio said:
In short, here's how it really is:

If you are a PC gamer, then 360 is SHIT AND USELESS!

PC is easily superior to 360 in everything but racing and platform games.

If you don't want to play on PC, then 360 is the CONSOLE OF CHOICE!

Xbox 360 has easily the best lineup out of the consoles, taking a big advantage of the 360/PC combo games.

Agree with this completely.

Do not agree with htis at all.

CrazzyMan said:
18.7 million gamers have chosen the X360

125 mln. gamers have chose the PS2.
PS3 will get MOST PS2 games sequels.
Why to jump on x360, when most your fabourite game series will be releases on PS3?

while only 12.4 million have chosen PS3.

Because, MGS4, GT5, FFXIII, Tekken6, Team Ico games is yet to be released.
More over, x360 is 2,5 years on a market, while PS3 is only 1,5 year.
With having 1 year advantage, it has obnly 6 mln. advantage. =)) Not to mention, that x360 sales numbers in NA is overtracked by 700k. =))

PS3 will get much more exclusives in next 12 month, and will have more great exclusive games, then x360 with 1 year advantage. =]

RROD anyone?
Till RROD is fixed, i wouldn`t recomment x360 to anyone. After it fixed, oh come on, soon it will be 3 years and will still having problems.
Though, maybe Jaspar will cure the RROD, let`s hope.

RROD is pretty much all fixed. Were you thinking that microsoft would willingly pay money out for repairs for no reason? They haven't been sitting idly waiting for a damn die shrink! If they had, they wouldn't have switched fabs to TSMC!

Oh yea, I bet you're wrong on the exclusives front. Objective metacritic type scores, I doubt that the PS3 will pull ahead in 12 or 24 months. The Xbox360 has crossplatform ports with the pc.

Tease.

The only thing that really interests me about the 360 is Double Dragon on XBLA. And infortunately, that's not worth the cost, use of space...

Dead Rising sounded good too, until I heard that the ingame text is basically unreadable on a standard TV. And I don't feel the need to upgrade to HDTV yet

rasone77 said:
shio said:
In short, here's how it really is:

If you are a PC gamer, then 360 is SHIT AND USELESS!

PC is easily superior to 360 in everything but racing and platform games.

If you don't want to play on PC, then 360 is the CONSOLE OF CHOICE!

Xbox 360 has easily the best lineup out of the consoles, taking a big advantage of the 360/PC combo games.

Agree with this completely.

Do not agree with htis at all.

Technically you're both 100% right!

It is his/your preference

Though arguably from an objective standpoint, the Wii is the console of choice on average.

Tease.

Around the Network

It has all the good jRPG exclusives at the moment. That's really the reason I have one.

In all honesty, the games that make this console popular are either better on the PC or on the PS3 as well. I'd rather just play Mass Effect and Gears of War on the PC. Last gen, I honestly never even considered an Xbox.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.