By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2017-04-12 Nintendo Direct minmin horde day

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

Except they have of games already announced, BOTW is not a different case either when a game is announced doesn't dictate that where you got that logic from is anyone's guess.

Ofccourse that BotW is very difrent case, beacuse they had few years of oportunity for teasing, showing, discussing game until they launched it. BotW was annuced in January 2013. first time showed at E3 2014, and released in March 2017, so yes it's obvious very different to other Nintendo games, especially compared to Mario Odyssey game that is announced and it will be released in same year.

In any case, I dont see any point of teasing Mario Odyssey 2 monts before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year.

No BOTW is no different to any other game they have, are you really struggling to understand what the word teaser means? It's a very short trailer to generate hype so no they won't be discussing the game like you keep trying to argue against, the Switch unveiling had teasers for a start. BOTW even blows your argument about E3 being too close out the water because the Zelda ND last year slightly before E3 had a BOTW teaser, it's something they do every now and then.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ofccourse that BotW is very difrent case, beacuse they had few years of oportunity for teasing, showing, discussing game until they launched it. BotW was annuced in January 2013. first time showed at E3 2014, and released in March 2017, so yes it's obvious very different to other Nintendo games, especially compared to Mario Odyssey game that is announced and it will be released in same year.

In any case, I dont see any point of teasing Mario Odyssey 2 monts before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year.

No BOTW is no different to any other game they have, are you really struggling to understand what the word teaser means? It's a very short trailer to generate hype so no they won't be discussing the game like you keep trying to argue against, the Switch unveiling had teasers for a start. BOTW even blows your argument about E3 being too close out the water because the Zelda ND last year slightly before E3 had a BOTW teaser, it's something they do every now and then.

Pure fact is that Zelda BotW is game that is different managed than any game they managed, Nintendo last year's E3 was completely focused only on Zelda BotW, how many games has companies whole E3 focus just for itself?

Again, I dont see any point of teasing Mario Odyssey 2 monts before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year.

7am on Thursday in Japan.
Quite a bad time. Not going to watch it live.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

JEMC said:
Perfect timing for me... to go to sleep and read about it the next morning.

In any case, I doubt they'll show anything else beyond those two games. E3 is in two months and they'll probably keep the surprises for then.

Jejeje, it will be hard to stay up tomorrow (got to prepare for my easter trip on Thursday), but I might go for it!

RolStoppable said:
Going to be a typical spring Direct, providing more details for games that are releasing soon while announcements will be held back. Still, there's a good chance for more indie games getting announced, so that's that.

Mr. Shifty is releasing this week, so expect that plus other Nindies during the presentation.

manuel said:

Timeslot made for America then since Japan and Europe have it way early or late in the day...

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

XSEED is a big Switch supporter, will be making announcements “soon”

Also Mr. Shifty is debuting on the North American Switch eShop on April 13. To download the game, you’ll nee 3.6GB of free space, according to a listing on the digital store.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Miyamotoo said:

Pure fact is that Zelda BotW is game that is different managed than any game they managed, Nintendo last year's E3 was completely focused only on Zelda BotW, how many games has companies whole E3 focus just for itself?

Again, I dont see any point of teasing Mario Odyssey 2 monts before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year.

BOTW is handled in the same way previous Zelda games have been and to top it off other games have been handled in a similar manner with games like Metroid OM even receiving non ND teasers before an E3 it's nothing new for them, being at E3 doesn't really have any baring on it.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
JEMC said:
Perfect timing for me... to go to sleep and read about it the next morning.

In any case, I doubt they'll show anything else beyond those two games. E3 is in two months and they'll probably keep the surprises for then.

Jejeje, it will be hard to stay up tomorrow (got to prepare for my easter trip on Thursday), but I might go for it!

manuel said:

Timeslot made for America then since Japan and Europe have it way early or late in the day...

The first Directs usually aired (so to speak, of course) at better time slots, and usually two of the three regions could watch it without much problems. But the latest Directs have been so USA focused that those from both Europe and Japan have to actually make an effort to watch them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
TomaTito said:

The first Directs usually aired (so to speak, of course) at better time slots, and usually two of the three regions could watch it without much problems. But the latest Directs have been so USA focused that those from both Europe and Japan have to actually make an effort to watch them.

Sorry....

bigtakilla said:
JEMC said:

Sorry....

Unless you work for Nintendo and are responsible of this change, you don't anything to be sorry about.

But if you are responsible of this, then I hate you!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

BOTW is handled in the same way previous Zelda games have been and to top it off other games have been handled in a similar manner with games like Metroid OM even receiving non ND teasers before an E3 it's nothing new for them, being at E3 doesn't really have any baring on it.

Relly? What Zelda had whole E3 just for itself? Teasing unnounced game is something different, but teasing game 2 months before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year, again something totally different.

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

Relly? What Zelda had whole E3 just for itself? Teasing unnounced game is something different, but teasing game 2 months before E3 when game is already announced and showed, when we know it will be at E3 and when we know that will be launched in Holiday season this year, again something totally different.

TP had the GC's final E3 to itself being the only game left to release on it, teasing a game 2 months before E3 is nothing new it's happened several times before.