By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2017-04-12 Nintendo Direct minmin horde day

Yes !!!! I want muh vertical mode for Splatoon !

Around the Network

:( Midnight in Germany. What a bad time to choose...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

^ Yeah, it's on Thursday for us.

Darwinianevolution said:

Nice. [...] Also, with MK8, Splatoon 2 and ARMS, they'll have to talk about their online services.

Would be nice, also VC!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Very excited about ARMS. I remember someone saying something like they completely abandoned ARMS in lue of talking about MK8 and Splatoon 2, but the reality is that its barely been 2 weeks and during the previous week it was mainly about the Test fire.

This thread is pretty silent for a Nintendo Direct announcement, so let's predict stuff shall we? :P

My predictions:

- New Splatoon 2/ARMS info (Obviously). Likely to include release dates.
- 3DS info: Ever Oasis, Pikmin, Fire Emblem Echoes, Box Boy 3, maybe other games here and there.
- More Zelda amiibo (SS Link, Fierce Deity Link, TP Link).
- One or two surprise games for Switch.
- Maybe some info on Zelda DLC.
- Maybe some system update news showing off new features.

Edit: Really hoping we get some Virtual Console news, or at least some My Nintendo rewards for the Switch.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
An hour after I finish work so I'll be able to check it out, it would be nice for more Switch game announcements, although they'll probably wait until E3 to announce anything substantial...

I could see them a few small, handheld focused Switch games to release this year. Like, digital-only games or spin-offs. But no more than a couple.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Peh said:
:( Midnight in Germany. What a bad time to choose...

Won't you be on Easter Holiday from Thursday ? that's the case here in Italy...

Inb4 here's what I expect:

-at least 3 new ARMS characters to be announced (others will be announced on weekly/2 weeks basis from here on out);

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe final push;

-New Splatoon 2 mode;

-Indies overload;

-Yooka Laylee release date (yay ?);

-Dragon Quest XI trailer;

This is the boldest of boldest predictions, in fact I'm so confident it won't happen that if it does, I will eat my private parts off with a side of lemon live on camera:

(I HAD NO SLEEP IN THE PAST 15 HOURS DON'T JUDGE)

(And to clarify, I mean a Persona spinoff like Persona Q for the 3DS, no way in hell 5 will be on Switch.)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Vini256 said:

This thread is pretty silent for a Nintendo Direct announcement, so let's predict stuff shall we? :P

My predictions:

- New Splatoon 2/ARMS info (Obviously). Likely to include release dates.
- 3DS info: Ever Oasis, Pikmin, Fire Emblem Echoes, Box Boy 3, maybe other games here and there.
- More Zelda amiibo (SS Link, Fierce Deity Link, TP Link).
- One or two surprise games for Switch.
- Maybe some info on Zelda DLC.
- Maybe some system update news showing off new features.

Edit: Really hoping we get some Virtual Console news, or at least some My Nintendo rewards for the Switch.

I think its largely because people aren't starving for a Nintendo Direct like they normally are. They announced several 1st Party games between January and February. Also we just got off the test fire. So while people aren't exactly satisfied with the current content, they certainly aren't overly starved for new info. 

with that said. 

- yes on the release dates

- almost definitely on the amiibo

- Doubt it in regards to the Switch unless its an indie. Maaaaaybe 3rd party but defintely not 1st party.

- Probably on the DLC... actually I'm not too sure, that might come closer to summer. maybe even during E3.

- I hope they talk about system update. Though anything largely online gaming oriented might come during E3

Ultrashroomz said:

This is the boldest of boldest predictions, in fact I'm so confident it won't happen that if it does, I will eat my private parts off with a side of lemon live on camera:

(I HAD NO SLEEP IN THE PAST 15 HOURS DON'T JUDGE)

Don't worry, we all suffer from sleep depravation here. ;)

But Persona 5 on the Switch makes too much sense. If it were just a Sony thing, wouldn't it had gone to the Vita? There is a SMT audience on Nintendo devices, and Persona is the more popular and accessible spinoff, so it would make sense to think it would sell well. If it doesn't come to the console, there is something we aren't seeing here.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.