By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio wont do native 4K in most of the games, my opinion

dgboweniii said:

nobody will be able to tell the difference between the Pro and the Scorpio, just like no one can tell the difference between the PS4 slim and the Pro.  Forget the lowest common denominator backward compatibility garbage and give us a new console.

Theres a big difference, 4k textures are very noticable, google for 4k textures, they do take more memory, which the pro doesn't have enough of an edge of against the standard ps4, even on a 1080p display 4k textures are very very noticable, I tried it loading 4k textures in some bethesda games on pc and its night- and day.

The checkerboarding technique still uses the same assets on the ps4 pro so the difference on a movie not using 4k is very unnoticable, this won't be the case with a game running 4k assets and technically any game released on PC and Xbox should be able to use those textures because of the 3GB V-ram overhead

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Sometimes PC games look better on medium settings than ultra. Personal preference and counter-intuitive maybe, but true.

Because I rule

ManUtdFan said:

Sometimes PC games look better on medium settings than ultra. Personal preference and counter-intuitive maybe, but true.

Because I rule

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think they can run them at native 4k but I personally would prefer that extra horsepower be spent on better details than higher pixel count.

ManUtdFan said:

There is no way you are serious is there?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

My opinion is... Most games will be able to run at 4k native at the graphical setting of a ps4 (or higher) cause there is more to running games at 4k than just multiplying everything by 4...

Lets look at a fairly demanding game that has an Rx 480 and run it at 4k.

Witcher 3 is one of the most demanding games to run this gen but a 480 gets pretty close to running it at 4k in PC max settings.

The Xbox Scorpio is not only more powerful than a 480 (but not as powerful as a 1070 before anyone starts saying that nonsense), it also doesn't have to run it at max detail because why would they need to? Ps4 Pro doesn't when it's checkerboarding... Heck, majority of the games on the Ps4 Pro that is checkerboarding to 4k uses ps4's graphical settings and not PC max...

So I don't see why most games, regardless of first party or third party, won't be able to run at 4k unless there is like shit optimization.

Here's another example:

but those test were done with something like an i7 so even PS4 settings will be problematic

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

My opinion is... Most games will be able to run at 4k native at the graphical setting of a ps4 (or higher) cause there is more to running games at 4k than just multiplying everything by 4...

Lets look at a fairly demanding game that has an Rx 480 and run it at 4k.

Witcher 3 is one of the most demanding games to run this gen but a 480 gets pretty close to running it at 4k in PC max settings.

The Xbox Scorpio is not only more powerful than a 480 (but not as powerful as a 1070 before anyone starts saying that nonsense), it also doesn't have to run it at max detail because why would they need to? Ps4 Pro doesn't when it's checkerboarding... Heck, majority of the games on the Ps4 Pro that is checkerboarding to 4k uses ps4's graphical settings and not PC max...

So I don't see why most games, regardless of first party or third party, won't be able to run at 4k unless there is like shit optimization.

Here's another example:

but those test were done with something like an i7 so even PS4 settings will be problematic

Doesn't matter cause cpu has minimal impact when it comes to resolution. Otherwise the ps4 pro would have been even more goofed but oh look, it isn't...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pemalite said:
ManUtdFan said:

There is no way you are serious is there?

To sum up, it's gaudiness a lot of the time.

But I'm sure that's something a master race member wouldn't be able to discern. If more graphics and extra effects leads to a more realistic image every time... well let's just say it doesn't. It doesn't even come close to realism most of the time.