By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamestop - New sales overtaking Used, Nintendo top vendor

Rock_on_2008 said:
I wonder if VGChartz records used game sales? or is it only new sales?

Only new

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I am not surprised as they can't seem to keep enough used in stock for Wii, additional the new price is less than the new for the other systems. Many are even less than $50 new. Hell they try and charge $29.99 for WiiPlay used with no controller.

Also some people enjoy pack-ins and gamestop doesn't handle those. I traded in DDR Hottest party and they threw the dance pad in the trash. Morons.

Also, while it is a ripoff to only get a $5 discount, they always have a percentage off special running.

Another think to take into account is we are still early in this generation so the volume of quality used games is not there yet, plus interest in used PS2 games and price they can get for them is probably falling.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Good.

The fewer used games sold by gamestop, the better. New games mean money goes to the developer, whereas used games mean that only gamestop makes any money off of you. Now tell me; who deserves your money more? Gamestop, or the people that slaved over the game you bought for months?

I know my answer to that, and it is definitely worth the extra $5 to me.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

@dschumm.
In a CEX store in UK I have seen second hand Wiis going for £250 ($500) without Wii sports, and then a shelf of Wii Sports discs for £15 each.

This was December but it's still taking the cake, eating it and then stealing someone elses cake too.

alpha_dk said:
Good.

The fewer used games sold by gamestop, the better. New games mean money goes to the developer, whereas used games mean that only gamestop makes any money off of you. Now tell me; who deserves your money more? Gamestop, or the people that slaved over the game you bought for months?

I know my answer to that, and it is definitely worth the extra $5 to me.

OFT

I never buy used games. Ever. 

Around the Network
gebx said:
bigjon said:
It is most likely GS's fault, most of their used games cost only 5 dollars less than new, I am always going to pay the extra 5 dollars and get it new.

+1

My eyes just roll over those games, I'll usually never buy a used game for more then $39.99 ($49.99 if I really want it!!)

They will flat out lie to you to sell you used games. Last time I went in looking for NMH and they said yeah we have that, then they went behind the counter to pull it and and told me they only had used. So I went to walk out and he said hold on lemme check again ...oh gee yup we have a new one.

No I didn't buy it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
gebx said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I wonder if VGChartz records used game sales? or is it only new sales?

Only new

yeah only new

used is too hard to track because of ebay selling, etc 

Which means more money for Ninty!