By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii Vs. Playstation 2 Sales

Graphic revision for my computer is just a change in graphic card...and how should  that be different for consoles?

I think the problem is that they cost money, and I don't know that the current DVD format can support the extra disk spaces that were needed for high definition graphic. 

But the bottomline is that it costs money....compare with the strategy of upgrading the console but lose a few hundred dollars on every console sold, I think Nintendo will stick to making a profit on every console.

Making money vs feel proud with your product's graphic quality, I take money anyday....You can not spend pride. I don't need pride...I need money.  

Around the Network

Computers are different.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Gamecube had better graphics than the Playstation 2. Why doesn't the Wii have better graphics than the Playstation 3?

Because the Gamecube had better graphics than the PS2 and the PS2 kicked its ass left right and center in every country on this little blue world of ours.

Also because the N64 had better graphics than the PS1 and yet the PS1 kicked its ass left right and center in every country on this little blue world of ours. 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me TWICE? Shame on ME.

Fool me THREE TIMES? I dont think so buddy... Not this time.

Nintendo noticed the pattern of them competing with Sony in the powerful console market, and Sony handing them their asses. So they decided to put an end to it. Had Nintendo went with the same old same old the way they did the last 2 times they would have ended up like Sega. 

Wii is the new Atari!!  When I was a very young kid - everyone had an Atari in their house because it was easy to play and the whole family could get into it.  Over the years consoles have got more and more hardcore with the amaount of buttons, analogue controls, analogue buttons, shoulder buttons, triggers etc it's too much.

Nintendo have made a huge statement and got it back to old skool with new motion controls - people didn't mind the old Atari's limitations decades ago and they see past it with the Wii also, xmas my parents, my wifes parents, my brother, my wife and I met up for a family xmas when i'd got the Wii.

By February - all 3 households had a Wii and my wifes 2 brothers are also after one, too right there's a new generation and trust me, they will never upgrade to xb360, ps3 etc

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Wii is also the new Playstation 2!

Around the Network

Well, my father-in-law who is 67 is getting a wii...and he has never bought any video game consoles nor handheld gaming devices before.

He also does not play PC games.

Now you tell me, how is wii not a revoluntion for the video games?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video Game Console's secrets and Video Game console's future lay hid in night:
God said, Let Nintendo be! and all was light.