By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sales predictions

What do you guys think first year & lifetime sales of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be?

First year-over 3 million

Lifetime-over 10 million

There will likely be a good deal of double dippers but I think Switch will sell far better than Wii U so for alot of people this is essentially a new game. MK7 is on track to passing 15 million while MK8 is a little over 8 million so MK8 was clearly held back by the platform it was on.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

1.1M FW, 3.4M FY, 6M LT

It'll be the least selling Mario Kart entry in the franchise. Even less than Super Circuit.

I have, let's say, renewed hope that my old prediction will come true, one way or the other.

Over 10 million.

I can't give a specific prediction because it all depends on when MK9 will release.

1m first week, 4m This Year and 8 Million Life Time

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Depends on when Mario Kart 9 will be out. I'll say it's gonna outsell the Wii U version, so 7.5-8m. But it really all comes down to the next instalment and when that will release.

Depends on whether the Switch will get another Mario Kart or not, and when that game will be released.

Assuming that it will get MK9, I think MK8 will sell between 5 and 10 million.

MK7 > MK8D > MK8
Around 10 million is my guess.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

RolStoppable said:
3m in 2017 seems reasonable. Of course, if Switch sells over 10m units of hardware in 2017, there's a good chance that MK8 Deluxe will do more.

Lifetime: 7.5m. This won't have the same legs as other Mario Karts, because I expect Mario Kart 9 to land in 2018 and become the primary choice for everyone who has yet to buy a Mario Kart title for Switch.

I think no, because its so soon :x 2019 or 2020 maybe.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

First year : 5 millions

Lifetime : 13 millions

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1