By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the next Wii Zelda be a direct sequel to Twilight Princess?

The next Zelda game will feature a level up system. Speculation... or is it? ^_~

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
11ht11 said:
i hopes its not a windwaker type zelda

Just wondering, but why?

So long as the game has more puzzles, more dungeons, and less mindless traveling (quest for the triforce shards ftl), I'd be perfectly fine with another WW-ish Zelda.

idk, i just hated the windwaker game

Didn't nintendo say this one will be different from previous ones. I hope it is a direct sequel to tp, but does have a new feel.

Words Of Wisdom said:
The next Zelda game will feature a level up system. Speculation... or is it? ^_~

No I don't want a Zelda rpg.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
You people think Ganondorf will re-appear? I believe he won't. This time he died, earlier we have just trapped him (or turned him into stone). I think they did it so that they could have a new start, as Miyamoto mentioned with the plot-twisting.

I'd also like Midna to re-appear, maybe make Twilight-Zone a dimension between Hyrule and the world we start in?

Also, Dark Link? I don't remember that...

You say that like he hasn't died before. Multiple times.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:

We all know Miyamoto has confirmed many times there will be another Wii Zelda. Also, I know that most of the time, the games aren't direct sequels (usually a different Link in a different timeline).

However, there are many plot points in TP that people wanted addressed, and it didn't really seem like that games' story was over. Dark Link is seenin a flashback but never battled in-game *1(not the Ocarina Dark Link), it's not COMPLETELY clear what happens to Ganondorf in the end (to me, anyway),*2 and it really seemed like we were just scratching the surface of Midna's story. Midna was also just starting to get awesome near the end.*3 You don't know much about Ilia, either, and there are many other characters that are highly underutilized (abominable snowman, anyone??).*4 Not to mention the fact that the final scene makes it look like there may be a true relationship developing between Zelda and Link in the last game (as opposed to the friendship they usually have).*5

So, that being said, will the next Wii Zelda star the same Link from Twilight Princess, continuing the story a few years down the road?

*1 - No, that was not Dark Link any more than that was actually Ilia that tried to stab Link in that other one of Midna's Story time tales. Essentially, she shares her stories as a dream, in which Link basically self inserts himself and people he already knows into the cast that plays in the tale Midna narrates.

*2 - Ganondorf is abandoned by the Triforce of Power, which is why you see Zant sorta have his neck snap. Ganondorf had been using Zant as his vessel for recovering his power, the sword through his chest was too much strain and his vessel cracked.

*3 - Yes, Midna was indeed getting awesome, but most of that awesomeness came from the Helmet she had put back together from the Twilight Fragments.  By the end of the thing, it was pretty obvious that it was either broken or expended its power during the battle and (spoiler)her transformation back to a human. The whole point, if you actually watched to the end, was that she did not belong in Hyrule, but was intended to exist in the Twilight Realm, by staying there she would have severely upset the balance between those two worlds.

*4 - They're side characters, get over it.

*5 - No, just no. If you had said Link and Midna had seemed to have a relationship going there, then yeah, I would have agreed with you, but not Zelda, at least not in this game. They were comrades, grateful princess & heroic... hero. Riding a horse together does not a relationship make.

Sorry, I really enjoy the characters and the world, but I don't see what you can do to continue the storyline from where it ended at without ending up as a Majora's Mask ripoff. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

prob not - they usually aren't sequels and no reason for this time to be any different

I hope it is an entirely new link, but with some connections like in WW where there was an underwater hyrule and such.

No chance. I'm hoping for a "Phantom Hourglass" reboot. Completely new & immersive controls (maybe even with the WiiFit board :>), sword action and more.

Then set it in classic Hyrule (think Link to the past), and replay all the classic puzzles/items using the new controls.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Soriku said:
11ht11 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die!!! :(

TWW is my favorite Zelda game. The characters, story, and best of all the music and art style made me love TWW. It ranks much farther than TP or OoT or any other Zelda game. TWW is the #1 Zelda game. I would LOVE a new cel-shaded Zelda. possibly a prequel to TWW to explain how Hyrule's flooding happened. But I wouldn't mind a TP sequel. There were still a lot of plot holes =/ They just need to make it have better controls, TONS better musi (get the TWW composer on it), better and less generic story, and of course better graphics, and definitely more use of the items (most items in TP were barely used after you left the dunegon you got them from) and we have a new must-buy Zelda game.

i just hated the kid feeling to it, it felt like a kids game, and i hated the graphics