By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the next Wii Zelda be a direct sequel to Twilight Princess?

We all know Miyamoto has confirmed many times there will be another Wii Zelda. Also, I know that most of the time, the games aren't direct sequels (usually a different Link in a different timeline).

However, there are many plot points in TP that people wanted addressed, and it didn't really seem like that games' story was over.  Dark Link is seenin a flashback but never battled in-game (not the Ocarina Dark Link), it's not COMPLETELY clear what happens to Ganondorf in the end (to me, anyway), and it really seemed like we were just scratching the surface of Midna's story.  Midna was also just starting to get awesome near the end.  You don't know much about Ilia, either, and there are many other characters that are highly underutilized (abominable snowman, anyone??).  Not to mention the fact that the final scene makes it look like there may be a true relationship developing between Zelda and Link in the last game (as opposed to the friendship they usually have).

So, that being said, will the next Wii Zelda star the same Link from Twilight Princess, continuing the story a few years down the road?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I don't think so, and even if it was it would probably be Link in a new land (which is usually the norm for Zelda direct sequels) and have few ties to what happened in TP.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I hope so. I found very it very cool.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I hope not. Twilight Princess was cool, but I want something new and refreshing...it'll be a decade til we get something new otherwise.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^^Well, just because it continues the story doesn't mean it has to have the same play style. I would think this one would have more emphasis on combat than puzzle-solving, for instance.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
^^Well, just because it continues the story doesn't mean it has to have the same play style. I would think this one would have more emphasis on combat than puzzle-solving, for instance.

That's what I'm expecting from Retro Zelda, not Zelda Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Yeah i can occure on ClaudeLv250..There will at least few ties to Tp.
However, I don`t know if there is continue to Midna`s story,Midna was well scripted character.
More or less the gameplay is about to change..
To what direction..i don`t even wanna ask

thekitchensink said:

They best not get rid of my puzzles. :|

OT: Tbh, I think that this was one of the main issues with TP. There was very little character development in the game compared to past Zelda titles (aside from Midna). While this led to the posibility of a sequel, I don't think it was intentional on Aonuma's part. As such, I don't think they have a sequel in mind at this time.

Of course, they may revisit it later, at the request of fans.

I can see where you're coming from. Midna was one of the best characters I've ever seen in a game, and certainly the best in any Zelda game. But part of that greatness is from what happens at the end, and bringing her back would kind of reek of saturday-morning-cartoon syndrome. Midna had a basically perfect character arc, and anything you add to that could only tarnish it.

I guess they could go either way with it. There's more that could be done with these characters, but also nothing that desperately needs tying up, I think.

Dark Link is seenin a flashback but never battled in-game

Do you mean the group of grinning white-eyed Link clones? I'm pretty sure they were just symbolic. They looked like Link to show how he's not so different from them, and how he could be corrupted just as easily.

Creepy-ass scene, and quite a fine piece of storytelling...

i hopes its not a windwaker type zelda