By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 Review Scores - MC: 94, GR: 94.32%, OpenCritic: 94

BraLoD said:
GamesRadar quote has highly rised the bar on review quotes today.

"The voice acting is outstanding, the music is genius, the art style is so slick it'll raise your personal coolness level just from being in close proximity to it. Playing Persona 5 will make your hair glossier, increase your vocal range by an octave and add 7.32 years to your overall life expectancy. Play it enough times and you'll likely not only be able to levitate but also make a perfect omelette while in midair. It's THAT good."

This quote might actually be better than the game itself.

Now I'm feeling bad about being unable to start the game before april 7. The hype is killing me.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Faelco said:

Yeah, I've had an argument with another user a long time ago, because he was saying "P4 is darker than P5 will be". Nope, far from it. I played a little while on the Japanese version, and yes, you have some dark stuff happening really fast, it's psychologically harder than the P4 murders.

P4 Kanji spoilers: 

I sometimes seem to be the only one thinking that Kanji doesn't have a big issue in P4... I saw him recently being called a "LGBT character", but he's not even gay! He falls in love with a reverse trap, yes, but a woman nonetheless. He's troubled because he thinks that he's attracted by another dude, but once the real gender of Naoto known, the issues around Kanji almost disappear. He's a big thug looking guy who likes some girly stuff like knitting, that's not something dark or that serious... Am I missing something?

P4 Kanji spoilers:

Yeah I think Kanji's issues, besides his feelings towards Naoto, were also rooted in his passion for sewing, which he had since a young age, and probly got teased for, because it's viewed as a feminine hobby, and because of how he overreacts when he hears the term "strange".
There was also the murder mystery in P4 that felt like something you could relate to a bit more than people getting defeated by shadows.

P5 spoilers for the first hour or so:

In P5 we're greeted right off the bat with a scenario where the protagonist basically stops a rape from happening. Then you're introduced to criminal injustice and the prospect of being betrayed by one of your close friends. Then it turns out that he's actually HATED in school instead of being Mr Popular like P4 and P4 protags. And that was a refreshing change. And before you recover from that, you're introduced to teachers abusing their power, and a student attempting suicide because she's seemingly being exploited for sex by one of the teachers. And that's just the first hour of the game.

Yep, it's a whole other level.

My Japanese wasn't good enough to understand everything, but (still P5 first hours spoiler) the first case in the school really is about sex, not just violence? Violence aimed mainly at female students because he's a pervert though, but I wasn't sure about that. He harasses male students as well...I can't understand at all if it's just implied in Japanese ^^.

We'll see soon enough with the English translation anyway. But yeah, that's pretty dark for a video game, and I think the rest of the game is on the same level according to reviews...

Another Masterpiece exclusive to PS4, and PS3.

How it is on PRO ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

This will probably be my first persona game.

While Zelda will win every goty award, this will win goty in my heart :^)

Also scared guys, 2017 has already peaked before April. No way it can get even better.

Around the Network
Panama said:
While Zelda will win every goty award, this will win goty in my heart :^)

Also scared guys, 2017 has already peaked before April. No way it can get even better.

Relax.We still have caliber games like Super Mario Oddyssey, XC 2, RDR 2, and possibly God of War.We still got a long way ahead!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

IGN gave 9.7 . awesome.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
IGN gave 9.7 . awesome.

I guess you've been able to play it since September!

VGPolyglot said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
IGN gave 9.7 . awesome.

I guess you've been able to play it since September!

Yep. 

Persona 4 Golden made me a fan of the franchise. Persona 5 stole my heart :)

Can't wait to play it