By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Witcher 3 ever get good?

onionberry said:

yeah, it's a western rpg masterpiece, and the DLC is a fantastic addition. (the combat is shit tho, like, really shit)

the combat is amazing! it just has a really high skill cap and steep learning curve. Its almost an art. again, i can kill a monster 50 levels higher then me wihtout getting touched because of parries, dodge, and using the proper signs at the right time. always have the next sign up in the que and watch the meters carefully.

The skill cap is real!

when i've seen others play they just die instantly with barely a hit on the enemy and they are running like a chicken with their heads cut off in random directions.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:

Curiously enough..only thing i've liked about it is playing Gwent. Only good thing about it as I see it. Wish I didn't have to slosh through 50 identical villages to find new NPCs to play against.

So, does it ever get better?

I felt quite similar.

My friend whom I played the game with instantly loved the game. I just didn't like it.

Then, after quite a few hours, we finally started trying Gwent, which at first we neither really understood nor cared about. And that was the moment I started enjoying the game. To me, Gwent is still easily the best part about Witcher 3, such a brilliant idea for a game in a game. Trying to get more and better cards is the very thing that helped me get through the game, it really got me hooked.

The only downside to Gwent is that it gets a little boring once your card deck has reached a certain quality and one realizes that using spies and decoys is the best strategy, almost guaranteed to win.

Witcher 4 is coming.....

dgboweniii said:

Witcher 4 is coming.....

no way? source? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh if true then im the happiest guy on earth right now.

FallingTitan said:
onionberry said:

yeah, it's a western rpg masterpiece, and the DLC is a fantastic addition. (the combat is shit tho, like, really shit)

the combat is amazing! it just has a really high skill cap and steep learning curve. Its almost an art. again, i can kill a monster 50 levels higher then me wihtout getting touched because of parries, dodge, and using the proper signs at the right time. always have the next sign up in the que and watch the meters carefully.

The skill cap is real!

when i've seen others play they just die instantly with barely a hit on the enemy and they are running like a chicken with their heads cut off in random directions.

Geralt is a dancer on this game and previous games too, you can use light and heavy attack but you never know what's his next move (kinda like the arkham games) You don't get a feeling of  responsiveness. Even with that flaw, it's a masterpiece btw. The combat music alone is enough for me to ignore the combat itself.

Around the Network
MegamiTensei said:
To be fair, I'm the same about Skyrim. I never got into it. That's not to say the game is in any way bad -but perhaps not your taste.

I can only ever play Skyrim like games with a mage character. Anything else just isn't interesting to me. Raiding a castle though with my two summoned monsters and watching them rampage trough everyone is pretty fun.