By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Take some classes, study it well, and then practice speaking with someone who knows the language. If you can, just go to the country. It's the best way to improve your Japanese after studying it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Practice really, you can get textbooks or use online resources, but you really need to practice and not stop or you will begin to forget what you have already learned

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

sethnintendo said:

What I don't get is how the hell can you ever learn to read Japanese or Chinese. Just a bunch of weird looking symbols. Plus don't they write up and down or right to left or some weird shit like that.

To many people the English alphabet consists of a bunch of weird looking symbols. Japanese and chinese are traditionally top to bottom. Urdu, arabic etc are right to left. For many people left to right is some weird shit like that

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

there is a youtuber called Yuta Aoki who has classes. You can use that as well

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

sethnintendo said:

What I don't get is how the hell can you ever learn to read Japanese or Chinese. Just a bunch of weird looking symbols. Plus don't they write up and down or right to left or some weird shit like that.

Maybe writing From left to right(like the english alphabet) is also weird for them.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I'd like to learn Japanese, but I've heard it's not easy.

What's a good way to learn Japanese?

1 dollar a month app on Roku innoVtive Japanese.

gtaguidelng said:
sethnintendo said:

Maybe writing From left to right(like the english alphabet) is also weird for them.

Actually, writing from left to right is very common in both languages nowadays.

sethnintendo said:

The same way kids learn to what the squiggles we call

english mean?

took me 8 months to learn, about 2 years to be relatively fluent, another year or so to pick up dialect differences for the various regions and slang, but now I can read/speak Japanese as good as I can for my native language.

learning by being a web and watching anime will never work.

It's a process, I've been learning japanese by myself. At first it's not that easy but it all comes to practice. Done the JLPT 5, but want to do the JLPT 3 next. We can practice tho, but native speaker is the way to go

nero said:
It's a process, I've been learning japanese by myself. At first it's not that easy but it all comes to practice. Done the JLPT 5, but want to do the JLPT 3 next. We can practice tho, but native speaker is the way to go

The main issue that I have with the JLPT is that it's all multiple choice, so it only really tests for passive knowledge. They should implement something that requires active utilisation in the 4 sections: reading, writing, listening, speaking.