By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

FloatingWaffles said:

Disguisting on Playtonic's part. They have every right as a business to make a decision to whoever they want in their game or not, but the fact that they took someone out for having a different, though maybe controversial, view on something as the reason is just pathetic. 

Do companies not realize the more they give into SJW's, the more those SJW's feel as though they have some sort of power and can get whatever they want by bitching and whining about whatever they can find to be triggered about?

It was just bad business for them to be associated with him. Why is that so hard for people to grasp?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
FloatingWaffles said:
Disguisting.

Do companies not realize the more they give into SJW's, the more those SJW's feel as though they have some sort of power and can get whatever they want by bitching and whining about whatever they can find to be triggered about?

This has nothing to do with "giving into SJWs", this has everything with them being worried about losing money because they're associated with a racist.

I was in the middle of editing my original post before you responded. But it is people like SJW's that have a problem with Jontron having a different view that they deem as 'racist' (Because anyone with a different opinion is called a racist or nazi nowadays by those people) so Playtonic removed him from the game due to fear of SJW backlash.

Sure, as a business they have every right to decide what happens in their own game and if they feel like keeping JonTron in it was going to lose them some sales then they have every right to remove him if they want. But they gave into the whole SJW "Jontron is nazi because of his view on something" narrative that these people are trying to push in doing so out of fear of that backlash. Instead of thinking for themselves that "You know, maybe JonTron isn't actually a nazi or racist like they're trying to say and just had a different view on something" they just immediately fucking gave in to the SJW agenda that they want people to think. 

Bandorr said:
SolidSnack said:
Jim Sterling's write up is valid

I read it. It was quite a good article.

"They weren’t jokes, they were beliefs. And yes, he absolutely has a right to those beliefs, just as much as anybody else has a right to find those beliefs vile and disconcerting".

That said I'm going to abandon this thread like Nathan drake escaping a dungeon.

by pressing the X button over and over?

FloatingWaffles said:
VGPolyglot said:

This has nothing to do with "giving into SJWs", this has everything with them being worried about losing money because they're associated with a racist.

I was in the middle of editing my original post before you responded. But it is people like SJW's that have a problem with Jontron having a different view that they deem as 'racist' (Because anyone with a different opinion is called a racist or nazi nowadays by those people) so Playtonic removed him from the game due to fear of SJW backlash.

Sure, as a business they have every right to decide what happens in their own game and if they feel like keeping JonTron in it was going to lose them some sales then they have every right to remove him if they want. But they gave into the whole SJW "Jontron is nazi because of his view on something" narrative that these people are trying to push in doing so out of fear of that backlash. 

We're deeming him racist because he is racist. End of story.

thismeintiel said:
Torillian said:

So given that I've actually watched the video in question of what Jontron said, would you like to tell me how talking about non-whites "tainting the gene pool" or claiming that rich blacks are more prone to crime than poor whites aren't racist?  

Probably because he read this report from the Washington Post?  Poor white kids are less likely to go to prison than rich black kids.  I guess the WP is just a bunch of racists, though.  Of course, they say it is because of discrimination, while one could say it's because they commit more crimes.  I'd have to go back and rewatch the whole context of them "entering the gene pool" (not tainting it.)

Here's a question, do you plan on getting ME:A?

As you said, the article said nothing about the crime rate, only incarceration rate.  To take that as "look black people are just more inclined towards crime" is pretty much the definition of a racist opinion.  

Nope.  And I'm not arguing that people should boycot things made by shitty people, but I disagree with the idea that people are just calling Jontron racist because he said things they disagree with.  No, I'm calling him racist because he said some racist shit.  

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Sure, as a business they have every right to decide what happens in their own game and if they feel like keeping JonTron in it was going to lose them some sales then they have every right to remove him if they want. But they gave into the whole SJW "Jontron is nazi because of his view on something" narrative that these people are trying to push in doing so out of fear of that backlash. 

Great argument there. "He's racist because he just is!". 

Seems like the attitude Playtonic probably would have had when making this decision if they only listened to comments like yours. 

"Someone said he's racist? Well instead of looking into it ourselves, let's just immediately agree with it and further those people's agendas because we might lose sales!1!$#!'. 

FloatingWaffles said:
VGPolyglot said:

Great argument there. "He's racist because he just is!". 

Seems like the attitude Playtonic probably would have had when making this decision if they only listened to comments like yours. 

"Someone said he's racist? Well instead of looking into it ourselves, let's just immediately agree with it and further those people's agendas because we might lose sales!1!$#!'. 

I think most peole have looked into it, and based on his comments and regardless if you or Jontorn understand them or not, they are racist comments

Steve King: Blacks and Hispanics 'will be fighting each other' before overtaking whites in population
Steve King: Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies.

Those are the type of remarks that Jon Tron defends.

FloatingWaffles said:
VGPolyglot said:

Sure, as a business they have every right to decide what happens in their own game and if they feel like keeping JonTron in it was going to lose them some sales then they have every right to remove him if they want. But they gave into the whole SJW "Jontron is nazi because of his view on something" narrative that these people are trying to push in doing so out of fear of that backlash. Instead of thinking for themselves that "You know, maybe JonTron isn't actually a nazi or racist like they're trying to say and just had a different view on something" they just immediately fucking gave in to the SJW agenda that they want people to think. 

It also didn't help that JonTron went into the debate with Destiny badly unprepared with absolutely no experience in debating. I was surprised that he immediately agreed to instantly go into the debate instead of taking the time to organize his opinions and points. When put into a spot live without preparation, you're going to screw up countless times, hence why a lot of the stuff he said comes off as 'racist'.

FloatingWaffles said:
VGPolyglot said:

What does someone have to say in this day and age for people to admit that it's actually racist? The insinuation that America belongs to white people really isn't enough? Believing that black people are just more likely to commit crime, regardless of socioeconomic status isn't enough?

He's been deemed a racist because he is one. It is possible for someone to be a racist without the white hood and burning cross.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.