By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

thismeintiel said:
Torillian said:

I'd argue that saying we don't celebrate diversity of opinion because we don't abide racists is like saying I don't celebrate diversity in my diet because I don't eat literal shit.  

Please.  The left throws out the word racist so much it means absolutely nothing anymore.  It's how they even go into arguments anymore, since they can't defend their positions.  So, just because someone who wants borders for their country to block out illegal immigrants, while we still allow legal ones in, is not a racist.  But, it doesn't matter.  They want to kowtow to a few lefties whining about his comments, I'll speak with my wallet and not buy their game.

So given that I've actually watched the video in question of what Jontron said, would you like to tell me how talking about non-whites "tainting the gene pool" or claiming that rich blacks are more prone to crime than poor whites aren't racist?  

Around the Network

Jim Sterling's write up is valid

CaptainExplosion said:
SolidSnack said:
Jim Sterling's write up is valid

Unlike the reason a bunch of crybabies are giving for not buying Yooka-Laylee.

To be honest, I don't really care if people don't buy the game. My main issue is that some people find it wrong to oppose JonTron because of his views, when it's obvious that it wouldn't be good to associate oneself with someone like that.

thismeintiel said:
Torillian said:

I'd argue that saying we don't celebrate diversity of opinion because we don't abide racists is like saying I don't celebrate diversity in my diet because I don't eat literal shit.  

Please.  The left throws out the word racist so much it means absolutely nothing anymore.  It's how they even go into arguments anymore, since they can't defend their positions.  So, just because someone who wants borders for their country to block out illegal immigrants, while we still allow legal ones in, is not a racist.  But, it doesn't matter.  They want to kowtow to a few lefties whining about his comments, I'll speak with my wallet and not buy their game.

You see, that isn't actually true. There are still actually racists, and it's disengenous to suggest that we can't call them out because there are people who don't ue the word correctly.

"just because someone who wants borders for their country to block out illegal immigrants, while we still allow legal ones in, is not a racist" Is a pretty severe misrepresentation of what he said and what he seems to believe. 

"Nobody wants to become a minority in their own country. Why is it bad if they (whites) remain a majority?" The belief that America is somehow a "white nation" is racist. Believing (without evidence, mind you) that rich black people comit more crimes than poor white people (suggesting that the difference in crime rates comes from race, not socioeconomic background) is racist.

Then you have other ignorant lines such as "We've gotten rid of discrimination in our western countries. If you don't think we've gotten rid of discrimination, you're living in a fantasy land." Which aren't overtly racist, but wholly fuck is it ignorant.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
thismeintiel said:

You see, that isn't actually true. There are still actually racists, and it's disengenous to suggest that we can't call them out because there are people who don't ue the word correctly.

"just because someone who wants borders for their country to block out illegal immigrants, while we still allow legal ones in, is not a racist" Is a pretty severe misrepresentation of what he said and what he seems to believe. 

"Nobody wants to become a minority in their own country. Why is it bad if they (whites) remain a majority?" The belief that America is somehow a "white nation" is racist. Believing (without evidence, mind you) that rich black people comit more crimes than poor white people (suggesting that the difference in crime rates comes from race, not socioeconomic background) is racist.

Then you have other ignorant lines such as "We've gotten rid of discrimination in our western countries. If you don't think we've gotten rid of discrimination, you're living in a fantasy land." Which aren't overtly racist, but wholly fuck is it ignorant.

Well, you have to remember that JonTron's metric of oppression is whether or not you can get a Big Mac from McDonald's:

https://twitter.com/jontronshow/status/823855322439811073?lang=en

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Unlike the reason a bunch of crybabies are giving for not buying Yooka-Laylee.

To be honest, I don't really care if people don't buy the game. My main issue is that some people find it wrong to oppose JonTron because of his views, when it's obvious that it wouldn't be good to associate oneself with someone like that.

I think most logic supports its wrong

Disguisting on Playtonic's part. They have every right as a business to make a decision to whoever they want in their game or not, but the fact that they took someone out for having a different, though maybe controversial, view on something as the reason is just pathetic. 

Do companies not realize the more they give into SJW's, the more those SJW's feel as though they have some sort of power and can get whatever they want by bitching and whining about whatever they can find to be triggered about?

The idea of a company giving into something for fear of "SJW backlash" is absolutely disgusting, but of course there will always be companies like Playtonic that do just that. 

FloatingWaffles said:
Disguisting.

Do companies not realize the more they give into SJW's, the more those SJW's feel as though they have some sort of power and can get whatever they want by bitching and whining about whatever they can find to be triggered about?

This has nothing to do with "giving into SJWs", this has everything with them being worried about losing money because they're associated with a racist.

VGPolyglot said:
Normchacho said:

Well, you have to remember that JonTron's metric of oppression is whether or not you can get a Big Mac from McDonald's:

https://twitter.com/jontronshow/status/823855322439811073?lang=en

I'm sure lots of people would love to live in the America he thinks we live in.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Torillian said:
thismeintiel said:

So given that I've actually watched the video in question of what Jontron said, would you like to tell me how talking about non-whites "tainting the gene pool" or claiming that rich blacks are more prone to crime than poor whites aren't racist?  

Probably because he read this report from the Washington Post?  Poor white kids are less likely to go to prison than rich black kids.  I guess the WP is just a bunch of racists, though.  Of course, they say it is because of discrimination, while one could say it's because they commit more crimes.  I'd have to go back and rewatch the whole context of them "entering the gene pool" (not tainting it.)

Here's a question, do you plan on getting ME:A?