By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I got roughly $750 to work with getting a great pc for gaming

For that price I would definitely build around a RX 480 or GTX 1060 gpu. You should be able to get 1080p 60fps easy for that price, just don't expect 4k AAA gaming.

Around the Network

I really want to thank you all for coming here and helping me figure out what the best build for me would be, and throwing in some very helpful suggestions as far as alternate parts I could get, or how to get a little more bang for the buck if I was willing to drop a little more. Here is what I did purchase, drum roll please!!!!!

http://www.powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=G418

paid $1090 take home, which yes is a bit more than I budgeted.... Oh well, I get paid tomorrow.

Essentailly I know I might have been able to get some better parts cheaper, but I looked into returns and warranties. I wanted something I know I could take back if something was broken. Anyways, for better or worse my very 1st gaming pc, and maybe I'll learn a little (make that LOT) more about pc pieces in the future.

Just google it, there's lots of ~$500-$800 builds that will outperform the consoles, the main question is whether or not you have any of the peripherals (mouse/keyboard/monitor).

Honestly, I just hook my PC up to my 4k big screen and it works absolutely fine with almost no detectable lag... it would probably get in the way in a competitive fps a bit, but that's mostly it.

If you have a previous PC you could also save some money by re-purposing the HD/RAM etc, though you'd probably want some more RAM.

Again, there's lots of builds online, I'd just recommend following their guides.

Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it a lot.

Now you just have to make a Steam account and wait until June for the next big Steam Sales... although this same weekend there are several deals from Ubisoft, Resident Evil and more.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Boost6 said:

For 750 youll be part of no master race bud, maybe the lower castes thats not allowed to look the master race in the eye.  

You could Get a pro and probably some 20 awesome games.  

Anyone who owns a PC is part of the Master Race.

Azzanation said:

I spent $2600 on my new PC, and i can barely play Star Citizen at a good framerate at 4k haha. (Bad optimization)

Nah. True 4k with all the details on max is just that demanding. Remember, the Playstation 4 Pro isn't doing true 4k.

Volta should bring 4k to high-end builds, right now it's exclusive to Enthusiast builds.

bigtakilla said:
This iz $1000 out the gate, but does have a 1070.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?tag=pcgamingbuilds02-20&AssociateTag=pcgamingbuilds02-20&ASIN.1=B00UNTFYA4&Quantity.1=1&ASIN.2=B018JYHBE6&Quantity.2=1&ASIN.3=B01GVNN9GQ&Quantity.3=1&ASIN.4=B01MZZJ1P0&Quantity.4=1&ASIN.5=B01N0ZSN45&Quantity.5=1&ASIN.6=B006WAGGUK&Quantity.6=1&ASIN.7=B0088PUEPK&Quantity.7=1

Go with the 1060 if you wish to fit in your budget and if you are only gaming at 1080P.

Then in a few years, just drop in a new GPU and you are back to gaming at max settings again.

Kudistos Megistos said:
It's nice to see that the people trying to convince OP he needs to spend $500 to get a decent GPU are getting btfo. I've seen vgchartz convince people to buy macbook pros as pure gaming systems, so I always worry when I see threads like this.

A 1070 is more than enough. Even a 1060 will be absolutely fine. A low end i5 or even a high end i3 will be fine for your CPU. Logical increments has recommended parts for pretty much any budget you have, and there's a build there for a $754 system:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

For a gaming rig, that you wish to keep around for years... I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Core i5 quaddy/AMD equivalent.

You are correct that for most... A Geforce 1060 is more than enough for 1080P gaming... I always gawk when people think you need a Geforce 1080.

FallingTitan said:

dont get WD blue. Get WD black.

Western Digital Blue is fine. Saving a few bucks by going with a cheaper mechanical drive and sinking more money into the SSD/CPU/GPU is far better IMHO.

bigtakilla said:
I really want to thank you all for coming here and helping me figure out what the best build for me would be, and throwing in some very helpful suggestions as far as alternate parts I could get, or how to get a little more bang for the buck if I was willing to drop a little more. Here is what I did purchase, drum roll please!!!!!

paid $1090 take home, which yes is a bit more than I budgeted.... Oh well, I get paid tomorrow.

Essentailly I know I might have been able to get some better parts cheaper, but I looked into returns and warranties. I wanted something I know I could take back if something was broken. Anyways, for better or worse my very 1st gaming pc, and maybe I'll learn a little (make that LOT) more about pc pieces in the future.

Solid rig. You should get years of enjoyment out of it.

Welcome to the PC Gaming Master race, may all your games be good ones.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Boost6 said:

For 750 youll be part of no master race bud, maybe the lower castes thats not allowed to look the master race in the eye.  

You could Get a pro and probably some 20 awesome games.  

Anyone who owns a PC is part of the Master Race.

Azzanation said:

I spent $2600 on my new PC, and i can barely play Star Citizen at a good framerate at 4k haha. (Bad optimization)

Nah. True 4k with all the details on max is just that demanding. Remember, the Playstation 4 Pro isn't doing true 4k.

Volta should bring 4k to high-end builds, right now it's exclusive to Enthusiast builds.

bigtakilla said:
This iz $1000 out the gate, but does have a 1070.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?tag=pcgamingbuilds02-20&AssociateTag=pcgamingbuilds02-20&ASIN.1=B00UNTFYA4&Quantity.1=1&ASIN.2=B018JYHBE6&Quantity.2=1&ASIN.3=B01GVNN9GQ&Quantity.3=1&ASIN.4=B01MZZJ1P0&Quantity.4=1&ASIN.5=B01N0ZSN45&Quantity.5=1&ASIN.6=B006WAGGUK&Quantity.6=1&ASIN.7=B0088PUEPK&Quantity.7=1

Go with the 1060 if you wish to fit in your budget and if you are only gaming at 1080P.

Then in a few years, just drop in a new GPU and you are back to gaming at max settings again.

Kudistos Megistos said:
It's nice to see that the people trying to convince OP he needs to spend $500 to get a decent GPU are getting btfo. I've seen vgchartz convince people to buy macbook pros as pure gaming systems, so I always worry when I see threads like this.

A 1070 is more than enough. Even a 1060 will be absolutely fine. A low end i5 or even a high end i3 will be fine for your CPU. Logical increments has recommended parts for pretty much any budget you have, and there's a build there for a $754 system:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

For a gaming rig, that you wish to keep around for years... I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Core i5 quaddy/AMD equivalent.

You are correct that for most... A Geforce 1060 is more than enough for 1080P gaming... I always gawk when people think you need a Geforce 1080.

FallingTitan said:

dont get WD blue. Get WD black.

Western Digital Blue is fine. Saving a few bucks by going with a cheaper mechanical drive and sinking more money into the SSD/CPU/GPU is far better IMHO.

bigtakilla said:

Solid rig. You should get years of enjoyment out of it.

Welcome to the PC Gaming Master race, may all your games be good ones.

Thank you!

That is a mighty fine build! Congrats!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That thing is a beast!

You'll be able to play pretty much every new title maxed out at 1440/60 or even 4K/60 if you turn some graphics settings down to around medium.

I hope you enjoy it!

1070 is a beast card, honestly considering it myself sometime in the next little bit.

potato_hamster said:
m0ney said:

I see, you are one of those paranoid ones. You probably don't buy Steam keys from third party sellers either because you think they are stolen yet somehow they activate the games and everyone is happy.

Paranoid, or a software developer that is actually affected personally by such things? Hmm...

What company do you work for?