By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOTW datamine hints towards Skyward sword hd.

NoirSon said:
The only problem with a Skyward Sword HD is the fact they already released Breath of the Wild on the Switch. Even with converting the controls the biggest complaints for Skyward Sword was the dungeon over world they made and the empty sky portions. Comparing that to Breath of the Wild won't be SS favor.

Point of SS HD wouldnt be to try to overshadow BotW, but to offer game to people who didnt played that game. After BotW I am pretty sure that interest in Zelda games will be much bigger than before, I wouldn't be surprised if wee see HD ports of OoT 3D, MM 3D, ALBW, and even Wii U ports of WW HD and TP HD.

Around the Network

This doesn't hint at SSHD. It is more then likely just Skyward Sword Link in the upcoming 30th anniversary Amiibo set. I mean there's also Fierce Diety Link costume in BotW, that doesn't mean we're getting MMHD too now does it??

Metroid33slayer said:
sc94597 said:
Awesome. Hopefully it is more like WWHD than TPHD in terms of an update. Skyward Sword fits the Switch well considering the Switch's joycons retain motion controls.

In the past people were saying it was impossible to remake the game without a combat overhaul because of the motion controls but the Joycons solve everything and they will be far more reliable than wii motion plus due to the leap in technology.

I find the motion control of the joycons quite lacking. It's drifting quite a lot to the left, enough for me to turn it off a couple of times to make certain trick shots. I don't know if it's deliberate but there's a lot of lag in the motion controls when used in shrines. Plus how the hell are you supposed to do certain Shrine puzzles with the joycons attached to the screen. I had to take them off to solve a few puzzles as I almost cartwheeled the whole switch through the room...

Anyway it's quite simple to overhaul the motion controls, map sword movements to the right analog stick, done.
The bowling and flying bits can still be done with the joy-cons or make it an option.

SS had a lot more problems, won't be playing it again. I rather have an OOT remaster for Switch.

Those who want a Skyward Sword without motion controls I assume have never played the game. Motion controls are absolutely necessary for the game. And it is one of the things that make the game so great. It is one of my favorite games of all times, so a remaster would be nice. There are some things they can improve to make the game more refined - more optional content in the sky, even better motion controls, option for non-motion controls for flying, swimming and other stuff where it isn't necessary, make Fi shut up.

Nintendo Fans 2013 - "Lol all these stupid remasters PS/XBOX get."

Nintendo Fans 2017 - "Yay remasters! Woooooo!"

Good news if true, I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, so I'll play the remaster instead if it's real.

Around the Network

Skyward Sword is way too new. There shouldn't be a remaster yet. I hope there isn't a remaster yet. But they're jumping to conclusions in the OP anyway, a costume doesn't mean anything.

Also, yes Skyward Sword's motion control is integrated in both it's puzzle and combat gameplay in such a way that they can't possibly replicate that succesfully with mere button-presses. You'd need like a dozen buttons. I'd say the best way they could replace it would maybe be using the right analogue-stick, where your movement of it would mimick the sword's movement. This would still bring problems with using the bow (because you can't move it back) and the bird (because you can't shake it) at least.

S.Peelman said:

Skyward Sword is way too new. There shouldn't be a remaster yet. I hope there isn't a remaster yet.

SS is 2011. game, buy 2018. and 2019. it will be 7-8 years old game, not to mention that is not HD game and that alone gave huge reason to make remaster.

Miyamotoo said:
S.Peelman said:

Skyward Sword is way too new. There shouldn't be a remaster yet. I hope there isn't a remaster yet.

SS is 2011. game, buy 2018. and 2019. it will be 7-8 years old game, not to mention that is not HD game and that alone gave huge reason to make remaster.

Too new in regards to Zelda games which on average have a 5-6 year development, SS is literally the previous console installment.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Too new in regards to Zelda games which on average have a 5-6 year development, SS is literally the previous console installment.

That doesn't change fact that buy 2018. and 2019. it will be 7-8 years old game and fact that game is SD makes huge difference to be done in HD on Switch. Previous console was Wii not Wii U.

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

That doesn't change fact that buy 2018. and 2019. it will be 7-8 years old game and fact that game is SD makes huge difference to be done in HD on Switch. Previous console was Wii not Wii U.

Doesn't matter as it came out in the usual time frame of when Zelda games release it's two new in that regard it even had a rerelease on the eShop on the Wii U, it's like if GTAV is remastered shortly after GTAVI arrives.