By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda Meta Thread - 76 PC / 74 PS4 / 76 XB1

I dont care what the meta is. Im still buying it. I love space operas. I've had too many fantasy RPG's to serve for me for a year. Its a very time for this game to be coming out, because the mob will tear it apart when so many high profile RPG's or open world games are launching.,

Around the Network

I'm playing it day one. The multi-player is great but I can't pretend I'm not devastated by these scores.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yuuup...I was hoping so much it will be similar to DA:I...well I'm still playing it, but when it's on sale.

Wow a lot of the good reputation that western rpg's have built up throughout the last generation is being destroyed right now by the big games of the genre itself (fallout, mass effect....what's next?). While JRPG's are making a huge comeback. Interesting.

Q1 2017 had a good run. I am still getting it, but man that Persona 5 is looking mighty fine with each day.
Japan is true hero of gaming this yea.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I'm playing it day one. The multi-player is great but I can't pretend I'm not devastated by these scores.

WIth popular news becomes a trend and it spreads like a wildfire.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow...that's depressing. I had hoped all the internet memes were just proof of poor animation, which I can absolutely deal with, to think that the game's quality has dipped in other places (particularly the writing) is much more worrying. ME was my favorite RPG series last gen, and even though I'm still getting Andromeda, it sounds like I'm not in for as quality an experience. Hopefully it's a bit better than the reviews let on, however. Thankfully, my other most anticipated game this year, Horizon, delivered in spades, so you can't win them all, I guess. I only hope that this isn't the sudden end to the 2017 dream year, which has been so ridiculous so far. Persona 5, I'm looking at you to pick things back up...

Ariakon said:

Wow...that's depressing. I had hoped all the internet memes were just proof of poor animation, which I can absolutely deal with, to think that the game's quality has dipped in other places (particularly the writing) is much more worrying. ME was my favorite RPG series last gen, and even though I'm still getting Andromeda, it sounds like I'm not in for as quality an experience. Hopefully it's a bit better than the reviews let on, however. Thankfully, my other most anticipated game this year, Horizon, delivered in spades, so you can't win them all, I guess. I only hope that this isn't the sudden end to the 2017 dream year, which has been so ridiculous so far. Persona 5, I'm looking at you to pick things back up...

reading the reviewers notes on metacritic, it seems reiewers are a bit harsh due to technicial issues. some say its a good game hampered by those issues. but they dont seem to call it a great game. i am disappointed by these reviews to be honest, as i was very much hyped for this game. and i agree, i hope this is the only dissappointment in 2017 when it comes to major releases. i am very happy with For Honor and Horizon so far, and i havent even finished them both.

its up to 75 now, lets hope it can continue to raise and reach 80

AmericanAli said:
Wow a lot of the good reputation that western rpg's have built up throughout the last generation is being destroyed right now by the big games of the genre itself (fallout, mass effect....what's next?). While JRPG's are making a huge comeback. Interesting.

The Witcher 3, Horizon and Dragon age say hi.