By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: The Evil Within 2 / Psycho Break 2 in production

Apparently a private job description was leaked.

Google Translated:

【Japan - UK bug report translator】

Total 1 person Title PSYCHOBREAK 2

Language English Japanese

Number of people 1

Nanba station Nearest station: Tamachi *

On site work period (planned) 4/10 / Monday to 10/31 (Tue) until weekday 5 Working day, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays!

There is a possibility, but I think it is almost there.

Possibility Hours Unit price 1,400 yen (Negotiable) Time 10: 30 ~ 19: 30 Production: 8.0h Break: 1h Overtime: possibility of occurrence

Transportation expenses are separately provided DH Provided by domestic testers QA Bugs (Japanese) are bug-translated into English for overseas development staff. Job content (plan) |. Specification materials prepared by overseas development staff / Denosig usage and work instructions for Japanese DII tester. Specification grasp of touching some real machine before bug translation will occur. ·

Hardware target: PS4 / XI

SOURCE

It's for positions of translating and Q&A bug reporting for Psycho Break 2, aka Evil Within 2.

It being in production wouldn't be too surprising, Bethesda seems to list it as one of their big IPs and Tango Gameworks have said they wanted Evil Within to be a franchise, not a single game. It did well enough, holding the spot of top selling new horror IP until Dying Light a couple months later (though trumping the previous holder, Dead Space). And they've been working on their new game for at least the last couple years.

Though going by job listings from a year or two ago, if this is related to those then there are some interesting things that may be at play here. They were looking specifically for people familiar with the Unreal engine and with experience in multiplayer fields, though if that'd be for TEW2 or something else is unknown of course.

Regardless, Tango Gameworks newest title has a high chance of being revealed this year as it's been in production for about two years now. If The Evil Within 2 / Psycho Break 2 was what they were working on, what would you want from a sequel?

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

That would be great news. Evil Within is underrated and deserves a sequel. Imo we need more games like it.

Certainly hope so, still the best horror game this gen.

Wright will be very happy :)

Given the success of the first one, its very likely thats true.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Wright will be very happy :)

Yeah, I'm absolutely overjoyed right now!

i hope its true, playing it EW1 with the boost mode right now

now with less black bars

Good news, the first one was a decent game. :)

onionberry said:
now with less black bars

they fixet it