By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So... what exactly is wrong with ME: Andromeda?

I never got interested in the original trilogy. Didn't play any of them, but for some reason this one caught my attention. Maybe it's the focus on exploration, and I've always been sort of into that type of games. Well see how it goes, don't look too bad from what I've seen on all the videos. I guess maybe I just don't pay much attention to details like animation and what not.

Around the Network

I'll get the game when the price goes down and the issues are fixed.

I've been playing the trial, I have exactly 04 hours of gameplay and I'm completely in love with this shxt. The animations are bad, thats true. But so far the characters I know are really fun and nothing generic, the Eos planet it's beautiful and I saw a lot to explore. The first mission it self has A LOT TO DO, just not going to point A to B. It's so far an amazing game and I don't wanna play anymore because I dont wanna waste all my ten trial hours.

maxleresistant said:

Same.
I wish I liked this game.

caffeinade said:
maxleresistant said:

Same.

I don't have the money or the time for it right now anyway ^^

But I am going to play it. 

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
caffeinade said:

Same.

My problem is that the game takes itself too seriously, and does not live up to what I expect of an immersive experience.

caffeinade said:
maxleresistant said:

My problem is that the game takes itself too seriously, and does not live up to what I expect of an immersive experience.

can't really say, I didn't play it.

But the first 3 ME tok themselves really seriously. So I don't see why this would be a problem with this one

maxleresistant said:
caffeinade said:

can't really say, I didn't play it.

But the first 3 ME tok themselves really seriously. So I don't see why this would be a problem with this one

I am fine with the science fantasy setting, and the tone; but you need to be able to deliver on that promise.
The voice acting will rip me out of any sense of immersion I have with the game, so I can spend the next five or so moments laughing.
Facial animations in this game are honestly something that would haunt my darkest nightmares.

Personally I what to be able to create a character that I really enjoy: from what I have seen ME: A does not allow me to do this.

I do really like the explosions and other such effects used in the game though...

My favorite moment in this entire series was in the first game, when I landed on a human colony planet for the first time and I saw the welcoming party in distance and I had no idea if they will be friendly or foe. Turned out they were shady and passive aggressive, which was even better. But overall I find these games rather dull, the shooting does not interest me so I only played for the story.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I wanna know what's up with those weird walking animations and awkward cutscenes that have been popping up lately. Are those moments really in the game, or is it.. some other un-explainable thing?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread