By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Without doubt one of THE best games I've played in a long long time...

So last Sunday I finally got my XBox 360 after wanting one for a good year at least! I got an excellent deal on a spanking new Elite with 2 brand new games (PGR4, Lost Odyssey) and a chunk of preowned (Crackdown, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, FEAR, Shadowrun, Forza 2 and Far Cry) plus a Messenger Kit and a 2 year extended warranty from Gamestation for under £400

After having a 4 hour sesh on Live with a good friend of mine - I can happily say that Crackdown is without doubt one of the best game experiences I've had for so many months, and yet theres still one insanely simple way it can be a million times better!

The online co-op is restricted to two players only!!! After the ammount of fun we've had tonight blitzing all over the place, blowing up insane ammounts of shit, it should be illegal to restrict such an awesome playground to two players only. 4 players max would even be so much more amazing. 

Any word on a sequel to this? It has to happen - IT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!  

Around the Network

Crackdown really was a pretty fun game, too bad it got severely overshadowed by the Halo 3 beta.

My only complaints were that the game was just REALLY repetitive and that all the guns except the sniper rifle were more or less useless since running up and kicking things worked so much better. Sure, things like the harpoon gun and rocket launcher were fun, but I always just went back to sniping and kicking.

It was a blast for me to play, and there will be no sequel i remember reading that on IGN

Its not bad you know.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Dude you will be super psyched that Webzen (Crackdown creators) are currently making All Points Bulletin, a GTA-style MMO due out early 2009 I think. 4 players, hah, try the whole world :)

Around the Network

I still can't figure out why Microsoft didn't ask Webzen to make a sequel. The game isn't perfect (it gets repetitive as twesterm pointed out) but the game itself as far as controls is pretty good.

One can only imagine what Webzen could have done with a sequel since they would have the engine out of the way and could have focused on making the game more diverse and adding a lot more content to it.

I kinda want to get this game, haven't played it yet. Nice deal.

i never played the game, it looked like a GTA knockoff.

.......Which is why Crackdown is in our "must buy" database for older games.

Realtime Worlds, creators of Crackdown, recently got $50m in Venture Capital for upcoming projects. I've speculated that Crackdown 2 is possibly among the titles.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I also believe Crackdown 2 has just started production and MS are much more careful about release date information now. If they are not happy with the final product they wont announce it too early, which is a good quality control for games.