By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One

JRPGfan said:
maxleresistant said:
FACTOR 5 IS BACK ?!!!!

If they are as good as they were in the old days, Nintendo would be wise to partner with them.

I dont even know who they are.... had to google and look up their games lineup.

Last game they did was "Lair" in 2007, that reviewed really poorly.

They did a few starwars games for N64 and Gamecube...

"good as in old days"

If they havnt done a decent game in like 15+ years... I wouldnt get my hopes up.

How is it even possible to not know who Factor 5 was? Seriously how? Aside form Lair (this game is mostly to blame on Sony)everything they did was a technical masterpiece and a fantastic game to boot. Still a shame thier Gamecube version of Pilot Wings never happened. Shin'en are wizards but Factor 5 were gods with hardware.

Around the Network

Let me tell you this: I do not care if the ports are weaker: PORT EVERYTHING.
Why?
Every game on Switch is also a portable game.
A Switch GTA: a portable GTA
A Switch Resident Evil: a portable Resident Evil
Port it! Port it! Port it! Port it!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

hunter_alien said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch is still strong even in portable mode than Wii U, and Wii U was actually great home console for Nintendo games, and Switch can be only better.

Of Course that Nintendo has no intention of joining the war to be "the most powerful console" on the market, and what would be point when other two companies are already doing that, best Nintendo chances are to offer something different and new, not most "powerful hardware".

Having console thats stronger than Wii U or half of XB1 in form factor of Switch is very impressive.

Half of X1? Where did you read that? I can guarantee you that its nowhere near half s powerfull as the X2.

Maybe it has something like a 50% boost compared with the WiiU, but seeing how Zelda runs on it I think even that is pushing it a bit.

OT: F5 is back, good news

I referred to statement "Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One", I dont think that Switch is exatly half of X1.

50% boost compared to Wii U!? Switch has 3x more RAM for games than Wii U, CPU is much more modern and capable than Wii Us, Switch GPU is just buy numbers stronger around 2-2.5x than Wii U GPU without gains of new tech and architecture. So we are talking about 2-3x boost compared to Wii U, not 50%. If you look how XB1 pushed 1st its game hardly you could say that's so stronger than Xbox 360.

WagnerPaiva said:
Let me tell you this: I do not care if the ports are weaker: PORT EVERYTHING.
Why?
Every game on Switch is also a portable game.
A Switch GTA: a portable GTA
A Switch Resident Evil: a portable Resident Evil
Port it! Port it! Port it! Port it!

I wonder if they could get RE7 running at 60 FPS on the Switch portably.

I've already got it for PS4, but I love playing classic RE games on my PSP. I think RE7 would be really nice on the Switch.

If I were a third party though, I'd be a bit hesitant to release any subpar version of my game. Even if, for example, RE7 could hit 720/60 in handheld, I'd be reluctant to release it if the image looked bad blown up on a TV or if it dropped a lot of frames. 

Basically confirming what is already known, really..

except the 'developing is as easy as the PS4' part, probably just for certain games :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
JRPGfan said:

I dont even know who they are.... had to google and look up their games lineup.

Last game they did was "Lair" in 2007, that reviewed really poorly.

They did a few starwars games for N64 and Gamecube...

"good as in old days"

If they havnt done a decent game in like 15+ years... I wouldnt get my hopes up.

How is it even possible to not know who Factor 5 was? Seriously how? Aside form Lair (this game is mostly to blame on Sony)everything they did was a technical masterpiece and a fantastic game to boot. Still a shame thier Gamecube version of Pilot Wings never happened. Shin'en are wizards but Factor 5 were gods with hardware.

I was younger back then, not that into starwars.

Those games just never appealed to me (esp back then), and even if Id played one or two, I'd not remember the developer of it.

If Dragon Quest heroes 2 is anything to go by, Switch needs more than just being easy to develop for. The question must be if the developers are willing to put up through optimization issues, in other words, this won't guarantee multiplats support.

Angelv577 said:
If Dragon Quest heroes 2 is anything to go by, Switch needs more than just being easy to develop for. The question must be if the developers are willing to put up through optimization issues, in other words, this won't guarantee multiplats support.

It's not anything to go by. It was a quick port. Zelda or ARMS,Xenoblade 2,Fast RMX should be proof of that.

I'm sure performance is a lot closer to Wii U than X1.

I mean all Switch did for Breath of the Wild is raise the resolution from 720p to 900p. But still impressive for a portable device.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Miguel_Zorro said:

"Between Wii U and XBox One" is quite a wide range.

The PSP was between the PS1 and PS2 right
PSVita was between the PS2 and PS3

So this being between 2 generations like the old sony handhelds will meen some games (Rdige Racer, God of War & Final Fantasy 7 Crysis core on PSP) (Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary on Vita) will look amazing on the handheld most likely it will be games developed for the console from the ground up. And ports will be a problem like its been for those handheleds too.

I think this is actually pretty comparable and some games will make you "almost" feel like having a portable ps4 or at least be really close but its going to be a few exceptions.

In the end I've mentioned this a few times, its not about power for a handheld and all the hardware is portable so it is a handheld, its about making everything else work and we will all see togheter if Nintendo can pull it off

Twitter @CyberMalistix