By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda's AI and Physics engine is what makes this game come alive

Zelda's AI and Physics engine is what makes this game come alive, but it may also be the reason for some performance issues

Good graphics are good to have but to really make the game special you have to have a powerful AI and Physics engine to go with it, Zelda has really kicked something off here

Here is a comparison between Zelda and a more traditional game 

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ 

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGWtyJAkO0 

Around the Network

So, YouTube video.... We meet again.

I love how being able to break boxes makes a game ground breaking and alive.

Every game has it's own features and physics, it's not surprising that a game with survival/puzzle aspects has more features in that aspect then an action/adventure game. 

Personally i'd prefer upscaling the graphics over having such things. 

Yes, the physics and AI of Zelda are truly impressive, and make the game stand out from all other open world games I have played, of which most suffer from the same lack of interaction that Horizon Zero Dawn seems to lack, judging from the video.
I haven't tried Horizon, but I think it's a pity that it's the "butt" of this video. It's determined to start a fanboy war. Would have been greater to see a compilation of open world games compared to Zelda.
But the videos do show what make an open world feel real and content filled and isn't just there for the cosmetics and wow-factor, but actually gives something to the gameplay.

I won't pass judgement on Horizon since I haven't played it, but I must say the AI in Zelda is quite remarkable and something that should inspire others. The creatures, from enemies to animals and even the weather, seems so authentic in execution.

Around the Network

Agree. But there isn't a need to dismiss Horizon as a 'more traditional game.' It's a great game in its own right, and almost as new as BOTW. It doesn't have to be as good as BOTW to be a standout title.

So, someone actually did this thread. Let's see how it turns out.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I concur. I was riding my horse Spot through the rain, and all those rain, ground and fur details just look so beautifull .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I wouldn't say come to totally alive. When the AI has routed my horse away from me, and out of range of my whistle. Nor can it jump a two foot edge.

I don't think it necessary to add the comparisons to Horizon. Just showing how dynamic and alive Zelda's world is would have been enough without a cheap shot towards a different game with a different approach. The insecurity both sides have over their choice of games is pathetic.

That being said, I'm still finding new and exciting ways to interact with the world in Zelda. I may have cleared out a few lakes when I discovered that blast fishing was very much a possibility. Also attach octo balloons to everything. EVERYTHING