By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Media Molecule kinda... pretentious? Teraway debate.

Is Media Molecule kinda... pretentious?

No, they are geniouses! G... 16 66.67%

Yeah... they are kinda pretentious. 8 33.33%

Total:24

I dont know. I thought LittleBigPlanet was great, but I couldn't handle more than like 30 minutes of Tearaway Unfolded. Dreams just looks weird and not fun.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
I dont know. I thought LittleBigPlanet was great, but I couldn't handle more than like 30 minutes of Tearaway Unfolded. Dreams just looks weird and not fun.

I agree 100%. I loved LBP1 and 2, could not stand 30 min of traway and thought Dreams trailer was a weird mess.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

We'll see after Dreams comes out. Maybe that game might prove to be the bridge too far.

WagnerPaiva said:
PotentHerbs said:
Love the MM style. Just downloaded Tearaway from PS Plus, will complete when I get some of my backlog cleared!

I downloaded for free from PSPLUS too. I guess it is wrong to criticize a gift, but... there you have it, I did it. I just hated =(

At least you can get through it in a weekend! Its not something that would get lost in a backlog lol.

I don’t like the idea of labeling games “pretentious” just because it’s trying a new art style (or focusing on art style), different gameplay o simply to convey a message with a gameplay system that isn’t explicitly involved in violence or you don’t agree -or like- it’s message. Even if its games mostly aimed to a younger audience that maybe is not as picky as you, me or anyone else is. At the end of the day, no matter how good, bad or pretty a games is, you end up playing what you like and what keeps you entertained. Teraway has bad gameplay and uncomfortable camera angles, so its got pretty average reviews. And that all there is to it.

Around the Network

To me, it comes off as Sony letting MM too loose. I feel like after LBP2, Sony was like, you earned our trust, now go make whatever the fuck you want to make, no deadlines or restrictions involved. Dreams is taking an eternity to come out, and I'm telling you, it will dumped out on the side of the road and nobody will care about it, once it does make it to store shelves.
I hope not though, as I think MM is a great studio, and I just loved playing LittleBigPlanet2 back in the day.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

You maaaaaay wanna elaborate just a bit. What exactly do you see as pretentious and why?

Are you interested in the arts in general? It's fine if you don't like it, but pretentious? It'd be interesting if you could give some other examples of thing you find pretentious. Movies/music/tvseries/art. Something.

I didn't like the game all that much for some reason. I do love the artstyle though, some of the best I've seen ever, imo. The gameplay just didn't do it for me though.

As someone who played the original and is now playing the Unfolded version, IMO what it feels to me is that some thing got lost in the translation.

I would say that pretentious is not really the word, but that the game feels colder than the original. I remember the Vita version to have so much interaction between you and the Atoi (I think that is the name), from touching the front screen and the back of the Vita, also see yourself on the camera (I'm ugly but whatever) and making the experience feel really immersive. So far I haven't felt the same connection so I get why you'd say this. To me the Vita version will always be the definitive one so I just want to rush the PS4 version to get the plat.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
naruball said:
You maaaaaay wanna elaborate just a bit. What exactly do you see as pretentious and why?

Are you interested in the arts in general? It's fine if you don't like it, but pretentious? It'd be interesting if you could give some other examples of thing you find pretentious. Movies/music/tvseries/art. Something.

Not really. I don´t think art interests me. I mean, I buy all Junji Ito manga books, but not because I think it is fine art, I just like his brand of horror.

So I guess it is just that I am not into arts then.

Let me think about other stuff  I find pretentious... Hum...  The Life Aquatic and the Excentric Tennebauns.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.