By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weapon Durability, Fanbase Fragility (The Jimquisition)

Only have 3 bad reviews

Gamer.no: they have a big publicity about PS4 and Horizon in their page (Horizon 9/10 and zelda 6/10)

Slant Magazine: (Horizon 10/10 and zelda 6/10)

The Jimquisition: he is a Nintendo hater

what do you think about that?

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Alkibiádēs said:

That part really is annoying.

It can be prevented by starting a camp fire and changing time that way though. But still annoying. 

How do you start a camp fire in the rain. Mine keep going out when it starts raining. I couldn't even blow up a fragile wall in the rain with conjured bombs, and bomb arrows simply bounced off it.

You can save and reload which has a chance to clear up the rain. Or save and die. I've had the rain disappear several times like that.

That's fucking stupid...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

I also never said it was a serious problem. I also assume you believe I have a bias against Nintendo?

Your bias against Nintendo is blatant.

If you think I have a bias against Nintendo you've completely misread me. I'm  frustrated with what I feel is repeated mis-steps Nintendo has made and continues to make in the past decade or so. That doesn't mean I have a bias against Nintendo, it just means I disagree with them. I grew up playing Nintendo consoles, own many of them, and continue to play them on a regular basis. Why do you think I have a bias against Nintendo? Because they were horrible to work with when I did so, when I couldn't stand how tedious it was to develop for the Wii or Wii U? Or because the Switch, from the concept to the design, to the hardware itself, to the launch of the Switch itself, I must be biased against them. That doesn't makes sense.

Do you know I actually got a switch and Zelda at release. Sat down with it in my living room, and just couldn't justify the price I just paid to essentially just play Zelda for the next six months, so I returned it instead. I realized I refuse to get any controllers, pro controllers, or adapters because of their money-grabing pricing scheme, which means pretty much every multi-player game is out for me right now. Hopefully Nintendo will change its tune and make decisions that I'm willing to pay them for, but until then, my money will go into their competitors.

See here's the problem. I feel I get that label because I refuse to hold Nintendo to a different standard than I hold any other video game development company to. I expect them to make games and/or hardware that I am excited to play, and they haven't done that in a long time. During that time they've also made a few business decisions that has caused me to lose trust in them to a point where I don't give them the beenfit of the doubt. But, I don't want them to fail. I don't want them to necessarily exit the console business either. I just want them to either a) make hardware that I actually want to buy or b) put their games on other peoples hardware that I already want to buy. I don't care which. I feel many of the people on this site label me anti-Nintendo because I'm not as big of a Nintendo fan as them. In reality, I'm attending the Nintendo party, I'm just not throwing back the contents of cup just because Nintendo hands it to me. There's too many people  on this site that act like there's something wrong if you if you don't agree with pretty much everything Nintendo does. I'm not one of them, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Nintendo fan, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm anti-Nintendo.

Definitely not interested in this game. I'm not doing extra work to get a good weapon that I really like, only to have it break a few seconds/mins later. That's a horrible system. And I know Nintendo fans will defend anything Nintendo does in their games, but that is completely ridiculous. If you don't agree, do this interesting experiment. When have you heard a Nintendo fan demand durability of weapons be added to Zelda? I can honestly say never. How about this one, if they kept everything the exact same as the previous Zelda games, as far as weapons and stanima go, would Nintendo fans still not think it was worth a 10 score? How about it they go back to the normal way in the next game, will it not deserve a 10? We all know the answer to that.

I definitely agree with Jim here. And it amazes me how even some of the more sane Nintendo fans on here are throwing hate his way for a FUCKING 7!! God forbid someone think the game is actually GOOD, but not perfect no matter what Nintendo does to the franchise. That's why I said in another thread, if they are going to flip their shit over anything less than a 9, and reviewers know it, I can no longer trust Zelda reviews. Especially when some reviewers are not even taking off a point or two for frequent framerate issues.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

Your bias against Nintendo is blatant.

If you think I have a bias against Nintendo you've completely misread me. I'm  frustrated with what I feel is repeated mis-steps Nintendo has made and continues to make in the past decade or so. That doesn't mean I have a bias against Nintendo, it just means I disagree with them. I grew up playing Nintendo consoles, own many of them, and continue to play them on a regular basis. Why do you think I have a bias against Nintendo? Because they were horrible to work with when I did so, when I couldn't stand how tedious it was to develop for the Wii or Wii U? Or because the Switch, from the concept to the design, to the hardware itself, to the launch of the Switch itself, I must be biased against them. That doesn't makes sense.

Do you know I actually got a switch and Zelda at release. Sat down with it in my living room, and just couldn't justify the price I just paid to essentially just play Zelda for the next six months, so I returned it instead. I realized I refuse to get any controllers, pro controllers, or adapters because of their money-grabing pricing scheme, which means pretty much every multi-player game is out for me right now. Hopefully Nintendo will change its tune and make decisions that I'm willing to pay them for, but until then, my money will go into their competitors.

See here's the problem. I feel I get that label because I refuse to hold Nintendo to a different standard than I hold any other video game development company to. I expect them to make games and/or hardware that I am excited to play, and they haven't done that in a long time. During that time they've also made a few business decisions that has caused me to lose trust in them to a point where I don't give them the beenfit of the doubt. But, I don't want them to fail. I don't want them to necessarily exit the console business either. I just want them to either a) make hardware that I actually want to buy or b) put their games on other peoples hardware that I already want to buy. I don't care which. I feel many of the people on this site label me anti-Nintendo because I'm not as big of a Nintendo fan as them. In reality, I'm attending the Nintendo party, I'm just not throwing back the contents of cup just because Nintendo hands it to me. There's too many people  on this site that act like there's something wrong if you if you don't agree with pretty much everything Nintendo does. I'm not one of them, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Nintendo fan, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm anti-Nintendo.

You really don't sound believable at all. You knew months ahead of time that Zelda was going to be the only big game at launch. 

The game received universal acclaim, what miss-steps are you talking about? 

If they haven't made games that excite you in a very long time then you're simply not at all interested in the games they develop. To say they haven't developed good or even amazing games in a long time is down right ludicrous. 

Nintendo is reliant on just their games and consoles, they can't just cut down the price of their products to €188 like Sony did for the PS4. They don't have the revenue income to use such a strategy for the long-term. Sony gets revenue from all kinds of sectors like movies, blu-ray and music. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Definitely not interested in this game. I'm not doing extra work to get a good weapon that I really like, only to have it break a few seconds/mins later. That's a horrible system. And I know Nintendo fans will defend anything Nintendo does in their games, but that is completely ridiculous. If you don't agree, do this interesting experiment. When have you heard a Nintendo fan demand durability of weapons be added to Zelda? I can honestly say never. How about this one, if they kept everything the exact same as the previous Zelda games, as far as weapons and stanima go, would Nintendo fans still not think it was worth a 10 score? How about it they go back to the normal way in the next game, will it not deserve a 10? We all know the answer to that.

I definitely agree with Jim here. And it amazes me how even some of the more sane Nintendo fans on here are throwing hate his way for a FUCKING 7!! God forbid someone think the game is actually GOOD, but not perfect no matter what Nintendo does to the franchise. That's why I said in another thread, if they are going to flip their shit over anything less than a 9, and reviewers know it, I can no longer trust Zelda reviews. Especially when some reviewers are not even taking off a point or two for frequent framerate issues.

I haven't played the game.  I agree with the review of the game.  Seems legit.

Meh, I'm quite intrigued by the weapon system. Have yet to play it though so that might change!

thismeintiel said:

As the brilliant Mr. West once said, "Well, that's a pretty bad way to start a conversation."

JWeinCom said:
thismeintiel said:

I haven't played the game.  I agree with the review of the game.  Seems legit.

I haven't played the game. I agree with the 10/10s it is getting.  Works both ways.  Of course, I have eyes and ears, so have the great ability to watch gameplay vids.  The weapons breaking constantly would annoy me to no end, so yes, I agree with him.  Of course, your response makes you seem like one who is acting like anything below a 9 for Zelda is a travesty and must be dealt with.  Remember, he actually thought the game was good.  Sorry, to some its not perfect.

Isn't it funny that an overwhelming majority of the people "agreeing" with him haven't played the game, and bear Sony-centric avatars and signatures. I am almost tempted to go revisit that thread where people were complaining about Horizon:Zero Dawn getting some bad reviews to see who here are hypocrites about, "it's his opinion, man!"