By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can the vita be saved?

The psvita is still so expensve i bet sony can make a 50 dollar price cut and bundle in two games sales would sasily double.

As long as sony would release one or two big blockbusters a year alongside japanese support and small third padty games vita could sell 40+million i think!

Around the Network

Oh, this thread again

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Nope it cant be saved.
Just like the Wii U couldnt either.

Its on its 5th year, and its at 15-16m sales. Theres no way it breaks 40m ever.

Sometimes design choices with hardware are just too poorly made.
They need to do a new Portable system instead. Target a 149$ price point, and about equal power to switch portable mode.

The dumb design (price) and stuff like rear touchpad, and those memory cards... it cost them millions of sales.

..... The vita has been discontinued in most of Europe. You should pitch this idea to Sony though xD

Ka-pi96 said:
Nope. Which is a good thing imo. I hate handhelds so if Sony are 100% focused on putting their games on home consoles only then that's a brilliant thing in my eyes!

What about a hybrid? :P

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nope. Which is a good thing imo. I hate handhelds so if Sony are 100% focused on putting their games on home consoles only then that's a brilliant thing in my eyes!

You live in japan and hate handhelds?  *mild shock*

Are you skipping the switch?

Ka-pi96 said:

You live in Japan and you hate hendhelds?The blasphemy!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You live in Japan and you hate hendhelds?The blasphemy!

Just goes to show you shouldnt sterotype people :)

what? Saved?
It's not 2014 anymore. That thing is dead.

Its way to late for that, sony has to support the ps4 and the PSVR
And the Switch will take whatever market the PSVita could have obtained a few years ago.

In all honesty if you want a good handheld the switch is proberbly better anyway, no proprietary memory card. Stronger hardware. Better first party support. Pro controller support, which is pretty cool !

Twitter @CyberMalistix