By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOTW Music is awful...

I like it. It's a mix of minimalist, epic and futuristic cacophonic melodies.

It's brilliant

Around the Network

Music is amazing

A thematic overworld track wouldn't work. You spend maybe hours in a row exploring the world and that would make a repeating overworld theme quite annoying after some time. The only thing I'm disappointed by is the battle track, which sounds very messy.

Miyamotoo said:
Disagree, maybe could be more music but they didnt want to have to much music in world while player exploring because sound of nature.

This.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I much prefer this quiet nature atmosphere for this overworld. You get your music when in town, or near a sort of iconic thing. Thought it was cool when I came to some ranch and one of the NPC's was playing Epona's song.

But head to Hyrule Castle and you will get some epic music. But the theme of the world and the overworld nature sounds fit the game and also at the same time make when you do get music much more epic.

I prefer this over like Xenoblade X where you have music playing non stop.

Around the Network

I love it. It has a lot pf eastern influence vs the western influences we're used to hearing. I have yet to hear one song where I'm like "this is terrible".

No.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I disagree. I think the minimalist approach fits with the setting. Also, a quieter overworld theme helps the other more dramatic tracks stand out.

I get what you're saying though: it would be nice to have themes for every region... Just another reason why I'd love this game on PC: modding to enable each individual player to customize the game to their own liking.

I like the classic themes, but like others have said, I feel the atmospheric approach works better here. When I'm spending hours exploring the same mountain, it can be easy to get sick of one track playing on an 8 minute loop.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Hmm, from what I've heard, it's actually really good. But to each his own, not everyone has to love it.