By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you tasted a Switch cartridge yet?

Sareth said:
I'm not brave enough

You should reply your smarter than that, instead.

They didnt have to take into consideration the long term effects of people sucking or licking them, so its probably not healthy.

Its done to prevent kids trying to eat them, to save lives.

Putting nasty tasteing, probably toxic things into your mouth, shouldnt be a "bravery" test.

Around the Network

Tasted it. Was bitter.

I licked Zelda a little. Wasn't too bad, but is probably way worse if I took a bigger lick. Don't wanna risk fucking up the game with saliva though

JRPGfan said:
Sareth said:
I'm not brave enough

They didnt have to take into consideration the long term effects of people sucking or licking them, so its probably not healthy.

Putting nasty tasteing, probably toxic things into your mouth, shouldnt be a "bravery" test.

It's probably not toxic.  The standard bittering agent used here is denatonium benzoate.  It has an LD50 of 612 mg/kg, so a child weighing 20 kg would need to eat 12 grams (median) of the stuff to die from it.  However, it is so bitter that it is effective at concentrations even below 50 ppm, so those 12 grams would be spread out across 240 kg of whatever coating the cartridge has.  That's a lot of cartridges to lick!

I... did, yep. It tastes horrible XD.

Around the Network
ebw said:
JRPGfan said:

It's probably not toxic.  The standard bittering agent used here is denatonium benzoate.  It has an LD50 of 612 mg/kg, so a child weighing 20 kg would need to eat 12 grams (median) of the stuff to die from it.  However, it is so bitter that it is effective at concentrations even below 50 ppm, so those 12 grams would be spread out across 240 kg of whatever coating the cartridge has.  That's a lot of cartridges to lick!

You are correct sir.

"To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic."

Full story here : http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14778316/nintendo-switch-cartridge-taste-test-dont-lick-it

It is a somewhat humours read.

I would never. I plugged it into the Switch already it it now has Switch goo all over it. Gross.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

These people have.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcyxxBWVw4 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

A little bitter but it's not that bad to be honest

Yes, and it's just as horrible as it's hyped to be..

Had to use mouthwash to get rid of the horrible taste. And I *barely* even licked it!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden