By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Creating your own Video Game

I was a bit curious and was wondering if any of you could create a video game, how would you approach it? Now I know there's a lot of influence in the Game industry and lots of ideas come forth and others are scratched, but if you had a general idea, what would the story focus on? What type of genre would you choose? Which type of music (maybe you like a certain composer and would find him/her a great fit for the soundtrack) you would like to hear? And finally, how would you approach characters in the game (development, design and characterization)?

Around the Network

An action-adventure game or an RPG, that takes place in the Middle Ages. The graphics need to be colourful enough. Music by Adrian Von Ziegler would be fitting.

Flilix said:
An action-adventure game or an RPG, that takes place in the Middle Ages. The graphics need to be colourful enough. Music by Adrian Von Ziegler would be fitting.

I would also likely choose someone who hasn't previously scored video game music to score mine since it would be a different challenge for the composer.

Probably some kind of RPG that parodies modern society/capitalism, however that'd work.

Is this asking for something realistic or the dream game?

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Is this asking for something realistic or the dream game?

A dream game that you would create if it were possible.