By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword HD for Switch

I'm not a fan of the motion controls, so if they can work around that, then an HD remake would be really nice to see

But even if they keep the motion controls, if it's more accurate than that's already half of the issue fixed :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Skyward sword is my favorite zelda game (up in the air with breath of the wild at the moment), but i have no interest in playing it again, and I'm one of the few who liked the motion controls .

I don't like the like the game myself, but if you think about it, a SS remake would be perfect for the switch.
1) Joycon motion control to stay true to the original
2) Traditional controller option, to appease all the people who disliked motion controls
3) Since the Wii wasn't HD, you could just call this Skyward Sword HD.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

i loved SS it was one of my favs. i never understood the heat it got. It seemed like the best zelda to me.

FallingTitan said:
i loved SS it was one of my favs. i never understood the heat it got. It seemed like the best zelda to me.

Hated it with a passion when I got it on day one. Took me weeks to get into it. The first hour or two was horrible.

And yes, by the time I finished the first dungeon, I thought it was the greatest game, ever. And it only got better.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
FallingTitan said:

Hated it with a passion when I got it on day one. Took me weeks to get into it. The first hour or two was horrible.

And yes, by the time I finished the first dungeon, I thought it was the greatest game, ever. And it only got better.

a SS HD would make me buy the switch ahahahahaha instead of waiting the 3 years i plan to currently.

Anyone saying no motion controls, needs to rethink about the game.

THere is no way they can release it without motion controls. Half the enemies are built around angling your sword a certain way to fight. Most all the puzzles also deal with motion controls doing something.

The game would be completely differnt if motion controls were removed. They would have to redo everything.

HD rumble seems like it's better suited for motion control games anyway (though it still is beneficial for most games). I hope this means motion-controlled sword-fighting will come back in the Zelda built ground-up for the Switch. Great as the world is in BOTW, it is hard to bgo back to just using buttons.

It's definitely gonna happen eventually.

Never played SS so I would definitely buy it. But yet just remaster OoT and Majoras mask, release a triple hd game pack, Oot, MM and tphd, then release a double pack with WW hd and SSHD.