By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Gamestop not inform there employers of anything.

So after i preordered my copy of MGS:4-LE all that been on my mind is that DVD (Metal Gear Saga 2.0). Now of course the dvds are starting to make it into some stores around the globe so i call up my gamestop about once every 2-3 days to see if it has come in....

Now heres the problem, not only am i the first one at gamestop to convince them that this DVD exist because i had to hear...

"You cant believe everything you read on the internet"

from them a bunch of times even though it cleary stated on there website as well as kojima USA website.

Now everytime i call , i get a completly different answer to when it will be in (i have called like 10 times over a 2 week period). But when i went into the store tuesday i finally got the answer i was looking for when one of the guys said "its says on the websites its been shipped, so we should have it by monday but it could be here sooner".

So i wait 3 days and call back and now the manager of the store says

"Yeah sorry that doesnt ship out till June 12 with the game" so i tell him what the other manager tells me and he says "that a mistake on our website, sorry"

I am really starting to doubt the knowledge of people who work at gamestop.

And this will make for a awkard convo when i call back tommorow to see if they got it in.....

Anybody else have anything like this happend to them?

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

I have the same story with my local GAME. They knew jack-s**t and 9/10 you would never be served by the same person twice. Thats why I don't use stores and use the the internet. Its more reliable than a human.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

go somewhere else.

PooperScooper said:
go somewhere else.

like?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I know one employee because he was a customer of mine from a store i used to work at. He used to come and and get games from us and not EB games where he worked even with his discount. I felt bad for him and often gave him discounts on our games. Ive been in the EB games a few times but mainly just to play the demo machine and chat about games and movies with the guy. Everyone else that works there easily fits you description above.

Around the Network

LOL I remember some guy walking into Gamestop asking for "Call of Duty 4 Wii" and they were all "We don't have it right now, come back later" And I was all like"....."

yes i am also very very mad at my gamestop!

march 1st i went ina nd i looked like a nut case

1 week later i go back thay said oh we will call you

3th wek we will e mail you last week i dont kow what you are talking about what beta?

a few days ago come back thrusday at 12 or friday at 12 i dont know but be here early ther wont be many dvds too give you!

i am waiting 1 more hour thn i am goint oo gamestop today wish me luck!!!!!!

if i do not get my saga dvd whit beta code i will burn down the gam stop nar me and send those mother fuckr working at mcd!!!!!!

when i s them i will fuck em so hard and order so slow!!!!!!! then i will say thay got my ordr wrong and thay insulted m and i will fucking ruin there lives!!!!!!!!!!

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

Lot's of Gamestop's don't hire real gamers so many times they don't have any idea what you're talking about, my manager is one of those types, though the one I work at is usually well informed (except for the manager of course) and if we get a question like yours we write it down and post it on our board so if you called again we could give you a good answer, but yeah sometimes shipments and dates get messed up and the stores get misinformed it happens sometimes, like I was the first to know my store was going to have the Brawl Tournament and a midnight release, they sent so many emails to the rest of the group filled with so much jargon they didn't know what was really going down. So not all of it is employees fault some of it is district managers and/or HQ.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

BenKenobi88 said:
PooperScooper said:
go somewhere else.

like?

For new sealed games: Walmart,Costco,Zellers,Target,Best Buy, Future Shop, online. You can expect people to not know stuff there at least because they dont specialize in gaming and the prices will be almost identical.

For used Games: specialty retro shops (not in every town unfortunately), Pawn shops, garage sales, local ads in newspapers, online. Much better prices than EB games at all places listed above.

If you want to sell/trade used games pretty much the same places as I just listed for used games with the exception of garage sales probably.

Just use the internet man. When its available you will see it for purchase at many retailers. Be patient.