By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Gamestop not inform there employers of anything.

Crabmaster2000 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
PooperScooper said:
go somewhere else.

like?

For new sealed games: Walmart,Costco,Zellers,Target,Best Buy, Future Shop, online. You can expect people to not know stuff there at least because they dont specialize in gaming and the prices will be almost identical.

For used Games: specialty retro shops (not in every town unfortunately), Pawn shops, garage sales, local ads in newspapers, online. Much better prices than EB games at all places listed above.

If you want to sell/trade used games pretty much the same places as I just listed for used games with the exception of garage sales probably.

I know all that.  Give me a list of locations that do pre-order deals like Gamestop, such as a DVD for preordering MGS4.  Most retail stores don't.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Why do you need to pre-order everything? For that matter, why go to the store to do it? You can pre-order online.

There really is no reason to step into the store. Unless you are so impatient you can't wait a couple of days.

I just got my Metal Gear Saga Vol.2 DVD and beta code. GameStop stores received them today.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

superchunk said:
Why do you need to pre-order everything? For that matter, why go to the store to do it? You can pre-order online.

There really is no reason to step into the store. Unless you are so impatient you can't wait a couple of days.

QFT

i already spent 10 dollar preordering it at gamestop, i cant just use the internet now...plus i dont think the stores on the internest will ship me the beta key...

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Pre-order swag.

Must I repeat myself?  I don't like Gamestop either...but if someone could clue me in to a different store, ANY place that regularly, reliably gets pre-order swag such as the MGS DVD, let me know.  I know Toys R Us had that SMG coin or whatever, but I'm guessing they don't do that for every game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And its really not like i can be patient because they only will have a limited supply of the DVD's and i dont want to miss the beta...

justforeggs said:
yes i am also very very mad at my gamestop!

march 1st i went ina nd i looked like a nut case

1 week later i go back thay said oh we will call you

3th wek we will e mail you last week i dont kow what you are talking about what beta?

a few days ago come back thrusday at 12 or friday at 12 i dont know but be here early ther wont be many dvds too give you!

i am waiting 1 more hour thn i am goint oo gamestop today wish me luck!!!!!!

if i do not get my saga dvd whit beta code i will burn down the gam stop nar me and send those mother fuckr working at mcd!!!!!!

when i s them i will fuck em so hard and order so slow!!!!!!! then i will say thay got my ordr wrong and thay insulted m and i will fucking ruin there lives!!!!!!!!!!

good luck...let me know how that goes goes for you....

BenKenobi88 said:
PooperScooper said:
go somewhere else.

like?

It's just a novelty thing they are doing for money. Is a DVD worth dealing with incompetence? For me it is not. I would go to Gamecrazy or BB.

They pissed me and my friend off to no end one day (we were eating lunch and I told him what happened and he had a similiar story prior so we decided to cancel) That we cancelled all our pre orders (it had to be close to 10 games each) they kept trying to tell me they couldn't do that.

PooperScooper said:
BenKenobi88 said:
PooperScooper said:
go somewhere else.

like?

It's just a novelty thing they are doing for money. Is a DVD worth dealing with incompetence? For me it is not. I would go to Gamecrazy or BB.

Ok, so your answer is, don't get the DVD. Thanks.  It's apparently also a ticket to the online beta, so it's not exactly just a novelty thing.  And some people like to collect, so where else can these people go?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM