By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So...took the plunge

The N64 belongs to my fiancee...and for her birthday I got her the Switch. Got here properly today, even if I was a bit worried over the delivery.

First time owning a Nintendo console since...well, since the NES clones were rampant around these parts in the '90s. I'm hoping to see some ports from the Wii U come on over to the Switch.

Around the Network
JinxRake said:

The N64 belongs to my fiancee...and for her birthday I got her the Switch. Got here properly today, even if I was a bit worried over the delivery.

First time owning a Nintendo console since...well, since the NES clones were rampant around these parts in the '90s. I'm hoping to see some ports from the Wii U come on over to the Switch.

Hope you like it.

As much crap as the Wii U got, it really was a great system for newcomers. Not only did you get the whole Wii U library, you also got the full BC of Wii games. That includes all fo the Wii Controllers working for it.

Switch sadly no Wii or Wii U games work for it, so you have to wait till any "deluxe" versions come out or the VC releases them.

I got no problem with waiting it out. Going to get a PS4 Pro in a month or so, so I'm fairly packed for games for this year. This thing's got all the time in the world to pick up its old library or some CFW.

Cool, hope you like it! I recently took the plunge too. I'm worried about the syncing issue so first thing I'm doing when my Switch comes in is testing the joy-cons out. If it's bad, I'll be using my warranty to replace them.

I'm gonna grip Nintendo by the throat on this issue.

What? Are you never going to take it out of the dock?

bet: lost

Around the Network

It's not that hard to tilt it a bit and take it out. I can't keep it on the top because of one very nosy and mean cat.

Post your thoughts!

Somebody should make a thread for every new owner to post their experience and friend code (or username). Mine has arrived. I just have to go home and play it!

At the moment the fiancee is completely enthralled by Zelda. Can't touch the thing and hope to get away with all my fingers still there.

Congrats, enjoy Zelda :D

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Congratzz

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850