By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of the wild runs better on portable mode (digital foundry)

I heard from somewhere else that the performance could be better if it's handheld only?

Would have been nice if the dock gave the Switch extra power, but it seems to be the opposite atm :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

From what I've heard, it doesn't sound like docked mode uses the full power the switch could output, so maybe we get a firmware patch or Nintendo puts out beast mode to fix that.

But regardless, I think the thing to take away is that look at the score and read the reviews. It is a 98 with like 40 perfect scores. And every video I've watched or read a review the second they mention these "pretty bad lags" they immediately come back with "I don't care. the game is just so good that they don't bother me at all"

Also it sounds like it happens mostly on the great plateau as well.

Optimization patches better come soon. Good to see portable works well, at least.

So far so good in docked mode, havent tried portable yet though. I havery noticed a little slow down though

Around the Network

This only shows how Nintendo doesn't follow the pack, carving its own path instead.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

forest-spirit said:
That doesn't make any sense. It should be the other way around! 😑

Optimization is often more important than how powerful a machine is.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Framerate drops in the 20 fps and got 100/100 perfects scores like candy.

I saw 3 reviews , Gamespot didnt even mention them, IGN said there was framerate problems but it was ok ( yea sure, drops in the 20 fps dont affect Jose Otero, i wish i had this skill ) and ezallies review that nintendo fanboys trashed cause he gave the game 4.5/5 and mentioned the problems.

Well it wasnt false to say WE forgive more stuff to Zelda/Nintendo when it Comes to technical issues

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The framerate om the docked version is really bad :/ i think if i was going to play it id stick with portable. 20fps drops aren't fun.

Wonder if its a throttling issue or maybe needs to be upclocked in dock mode..