By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do You Accept Evolution as a Fact?

Do you believe in evolution?

Yes 657 75.69%

Mostly, some things are questionable. 74 8.53%

No 99 11.41%

Not really, but some could be true. 38 4.38%

Total:868
HollyGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, it says that supports a scientific theory. So yes, evolution is a scientific theory with scientific evidence.

which evidence?   to have evidence they need to gather all of the prove for all the missing link of evolution.   

No, they don't need to require all of the proof for all of the missing links to show that evolution exists. There have been numerous studies, both in the lab and through archeological research, that supports the existence of evolution. Just because we don't know everything about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I assume that you're attempting to use the Gods of the gaps argument.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
HollyGamer said:

Evolution is science , we admited that, but it's not scientifict fact , it's still a theory , because only one part of evolution theory that really help , which is animal kingdom, the rest are still bogus

And I'm sure you can back that up with scientific facts?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/mar/19/evolution-darwin-natural-selection-genes-wrong

http://www.discovery.org/a/10661

Peh said:
Rogerioandrade said:
I wouldn´t use the word "believe" in this case......

I´d say that I do think that evolution happened someway but I´m not so sure that it happened exactly the way we are taught a school or how Darwin proposed. After all, it´s not called a "scientific theory" by chance or for no reason.

And I say that being a Christian that - and here I may use that word - believe that creationism and evolutionary thought are not opposite at all. In fact, they´re have a lot of things in common, much more than most people think

Which are?

One uses the scientific method and the other one faith.

They couldn't be even more far from each other.

They´re not. It´s just that most people never really wanted to trace the parallels between them or to properly analyse the context of the history of the creation told by the Bible ( I say Bible because it´s the one I know )

People will always prefer to be divisive in this matter. It´s easier to be divisive than to discuss junction ideas.

But not me, to me religion and science are not opposite at all and both help us comprehend what mankind is made of.

VGPolyglot said:
HollyGamer said:

which evidence?   to have evidence they need to gather all of the prove for all the missing link of evolution.   

No, they don't need to require all of the proof for all of the missing links to show that evolution exists. There have been numerous studies, both in the lab and through archeological research, that supports the existence of evolution. Just because we don't know everything about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I assume that you're attempting to use the Gods of the gaps argument.

They need to have the evidence , because each part  of the evolution step can be an individual speciess that are not connected each other. 

HollyGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

They need to have the evidence , because each part  of the evolution step can be an individual speciess that are not connected each other. 

And they do have evidence, it's just that they don't have evidence for every single thing.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
HollyGamer said:

And they do have evidence, it's just that they don't have evidence for every single thing.

That's the reason the theory is not yet complete 

HollyGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, which theory is more plausible to you than evolution?

HollyGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

What scientific concept would you say has all the evidence?  Because if I'm understanding you correctly we shouldn't teach about gravity's effect on the cosmos because we haven't measured it on every planet.  That's a lot of missing links.  

Yes because it means you are all related to frogs which means you are all related to me! BROTHERS!!!

The concept of evolution was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing and Christianity non-competitive.