By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games taste horrible. Really.

I would trade a few dead babies for normal tasting carts. What concerns me is the possibility of various scenarios where the awful taste material is unwittingly transferred around. Presumably, it's activated by moisture, so if your hands/fingers are a little bit sweaty while handling carts, would you then have whatever this voodoo substance is on your person? Gross. I don't like the idea at all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
palou said:
Ka-pi96 said:
umm, wtf? Why would someone try tasting them in the first place?

It's a mesure to keep babyslobber off your cartridges.

Tsk, amateurs. Ballmer would have poisoned them, to solve the problem definitively. Nadella instead would poison Ninty and Sony ones, much slier. Sony too would have try the same, but it'd poison PSV cartridges by mistake.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

COKTOE said:
I would trade a few dead babies for normal tasting carts. What concerns me is the possibility of various scenarios where the awful taste material is unwittingly transferred around. Presumably, it's activated by moisture, so if your hands/fingers are a little bit sweaty while handling carts, would you then have whatever this voodoo substance is on your person? Gross. I don't like the idea at all.

That can be said about a lot of stuff that we use in daily life, that's why you should wash you hands frequently. As for the actual chemical in the carts one of the uses for the chemical that is put on the carts is in anti-nail bitting mixtures, and things like sampoos so water should easily wash it away.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
JEMC said:

Kotaku asked Nintendo, and they hav confirmed that they apply a non-toxic, bittering agent, to the cards to avoid the ingestion. Oh, and they've used Denatonium Benzoate which, according to wikipedia, is the "most bitter chemical compound known".

I'm glad Nintendo has gone with something like this for safety purposes, but I'm still wondering why would a journalist lick the card in the first place?

If you read the comments under the YouTube vid, she apologises for being drunk in the video. It's videogame journalism of a new kind.

Well, I'm surprised she could do all that while being drunk. Either she's extremely capable or she wasn't that drunk.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

If you read the comments under the YouTube vid, she apologises for being drunk in the video. It's videogame journalism of a new kind.

Well, I'm surprised she could do all that while being drunk. Either she's extremely capable or she wasn't that drunk.

An extremely capable drunk woman is my dream woman.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

Is this kinda like sticking a 9 volt battery on your tongue?

LivingMetal said:

Is this kinda like sticking a 9 volt battery on your tongue?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

BlkPaladin said:
COKTOE said:

That can be said about a lot of stuff that we use in daily life, that's why you should wash you hands frequently. As for the actual chemical in the carts one of the uses for the chemical that is put on the carts is in anti-nail bitting mixtures, and things like sampoos so water should easily wash it away.

Thanks for the advice. :)  Could really do without this stuff being bound to my physical media all the same. I'm betting a vast majority won't care at all. Or even know.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Google giving us money for views on Youtube was the worst idea ever

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.