By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia GDC 1080Ti announced - Faster than Titan X $699 Releases next week

It contributes to going off topic and it was brought up once and then carried on by others.

Nothing false, but contributions?, definitely some being made.

OT:

Apparently SE has been working closely with Nvidia by showcasing FF XV running on a GTX 1080ti: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-showcases-final-fantasy-xv-running-on-nvidias-geforce-gtx1080ti/

it's basically confirmed at this point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

We've gone from the GPU price drops to talking about console's current RAM capacity...

Anyway, I'm not all that convinced to go for the 1080ti, not at that price. The 1080 being reduced by a bit isn't doing much for me either, which leaves me to wait and see what vega does and how much AMD sell them for.

Well this thread is about the new 1080ti and the Titan X price cut. So talking about the specs of the TI, and how they relate to the industry overall seems pretty on topic to me.

A lot of people think we have reached the end game with 8GB of VRAM, when that is far from the case. Consoles will hold back RAM for a few years, but once they make their next leap 8GB will look like 512MB did in 2013. 11GB in the 1080TI is just an strage place that PC goes in mid console gens. We will see GPUs with 24GB, 32GB, 64GB in time, and it is not to far in the future. 4K will benefit, 8K will benefit more, and VR will be the real winner when it comes to RAM increases.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Sigh...  My 1080 is still terrific but I need the new tech.  

Well, I'm over here sitting with my R9 390X!!! It means I wont be totally insane for upgrading! I'm thinking about Ryzen 7 1800X + GTX 1080Ti. Building my Ryzen 7 PC on Thursday's release!!!! I'll get my GPU in a week, or three.

Kerotan said:

Playing Horizon on a standard ps4 and I can see why most people think 8gb is enough.  And it looks much better on a Pro which is crazy to think.  

I'd not be willing to shell out hundreds of $ more to make an already beautiful title look or run a bit better.

Except Horizon doesn't have access to 8Gb of Ram, which is where it gets real crazy.

thismeintiel said:

Does that mean AMD will be making a little bit of money off of each Volta, since they made HBM?

Good question. I would assume with JEDEC adopting the standard... AMD should get a some amount of licensing money... Or they might have a cross-deal already in place with JEDEC.
But... AMD doesn't make anything anymore since they spun off Global Foundries, they just design it, so they shouldn't get paid for every card that nVidia sells.

Burning Typhoon said:
Well, I'm over here sitting with my R9 390X!!! It means I wont be totally insane for upgrading! I'm thinking about Ryzen 7 1800X + GTX 1080Ti. Building my Ryzen 7 PC on Thursday's release!!!! I'll get my GPU in a week, or three.

That would be a sizable upgrade. The RX 390X should still be able to hold it's own in new titles though... But Pascal really is beating things out of the park at the moment and AMD doesn't have anything viable to compete with the Geforce 1080 Ti right now.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Option 1 because i may die tomorrow.

KBG29 said:
Chazore said:

We've gone from the GPU price drops to talking about console's current RAM capacity...

Anyway, I'm not all that convinced to go for the 1080ti, not at that price. The 1080 being reduced by a bit isn't doing much for me either, which leaves me to wait and see what vega does and how much AMD sell them for.

Well this thread is about the new 1080ti and the Titan X price cut. So talking about the specs of the TI, and how they relate to the industry overall seems pretty on topic to me.

A lot of people think we have reached the end game with 8GB of VRAM, when that is far from the case. Consoles will hold back RAM for a few years, but once they make their next leap 8GB will look like 512MB did in 2013. 11GB in the 1080TI is just an strage place that PC goes in mid console gens. We will see GPUs with 24GB, 32GB, 64GB in time, and it is not to far in the future. 4K will benefit, 8K will benefit more, and VR will be the real winner when it comes to RAM increases.

Yes I agree it's OK to talk about it.  We are doing nothing wrong but there are always those who get their jimmies rustled so I was just making the disclaimer. You as a poster are enjoyable to chat with,  I've no issues with you :)

Anyway,  I don't think it will.  Ps3 games till this day still look great to me.  Ps2/ps1 not so much.  Ps5 gen will obviously be a leap but it's not like games such as Horizon and uncharted 4 will suddenly not look good.  We've reached the level where games will stand the test of time.  Only those who are obsessed with the absolute top end graphics for the time will be bothered. 

modded by axum

Conina said:
antigin said:

Oh god, I have bought 1080 a week ago. Just waisted 200 euros.

Can't you give it back?

Yeah, I thought about it. The only problem is that I sold my GTX 1070 to my friend in 1080 box with all cords, manuals etc. Now I need to contact with the friend and hope he have saved that box.

Upd: Thanks god, the box is safe. Just initiated the Amazon return process. Will wait a week or two and will buy 1080Ti then. :) Yyyyyeeeah

KBG29 said:

The topic is specifically in the PC section, talking about the GPU itself and the price cuts that followed, not what the current gen consoels have in terms of RAM or what they might next include 3-4 years from now.

Also to the one making the obvious of digs, the jimmies remain "unrustled", but it is very much taking things further off topic.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So back on topic. It's good to see this new model announced as it means some much needed price drops for the community. Pity AMD can't make a comeback and force them down more.