By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games

Not a fan of games as a service, to be honest. Having your collection behind a paywall doesn't sound desirable to me.

Around the Network

I think this is just great. Subscription based access to older content is where the movie and music industry went, and this is just natural for gaming. This is great for consumers.

Wright said:

Not a fan of games as a service, to be honest. Having your collection behind a paywall doesn't sound desirable to me.

You don't like PlayStation Plus, Wright?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Wright said:

Nope, don't like it either.

Wright said:
Rafie said:

Nope, don't like it either.

I understand your feelings on it. Still, it's the service that you're paying for...not the games. You don't see the benefits to it? Just curious. I do agree about the paywall though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

#4thegamers

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Rafie said:
Umm...yeah I definitely love this. Won't this defeat the purpose of paying for games though. Especially when you can wait for this to drop on the Game Pass catalog?

Not really. I imagine it will probably be at least a year or longer before you start seeing some of the newer games like For Honor for example on this service. Or I guess it just depends on if the publisher/developer of that game is ok with it being on the service even if it means they might be losing sales from people who would buy it physically or when it originally launched. 

Sounds pretty similar to the PSNow subscription thingy, although that doesn't cover PS4 games, and of course that is streaming versus here you are actually downloading the game.

Rafie said:

I understand your feelings on it. Still, it's the service that you're paying for...not the games. You don't see the benefits to it? Just curious. I do agree about the paywall though.

I don't really find appealing the idea of services themselves. They start locking things behind them as to entice you subscribing, which makes sense I guess but further create value conflict. How long until certain games are released as service-exclusive or the likes. I'm a collector and I've always valued a collection (don't really care whether physical or digital at this point), but it would be terrifying if my collection could be rendered unplayable because I stopped paying somewhere else.

FloatingWaffles said:
Rafie said:
Umm...yeah I definitely love this. Won't this defeat the purpose of paying for games though. Especially when you can wait for this to drop on the Game Pass catalog?

Not really. I imagine it will probably be at least a year or maybe even 2 before you start seeing some of the newer games like For Honor for example on this service. Or I guess it just depends on if the publisher/developer of that game is ok with it being on the service. 

Oh of course. I see now. That would be crazy to put brand new released games on this service. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron