By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales- Switch Year 1 vs 3DS and Wii U

Tag

Around the Network

tag

zorg1000 said:
bonzobanana said:
I think/hope there is still demand for a while yet with plenty of people still looking for a Switch. How much stock is enough.

The other day I was in my local Tesco uk supermarket just after launch and there was 2 Switch games at the bottom of a shelf barely viewable about 1 foot from the floor in a recessed shelf and that was it. It's not just consumer apathy to worry about but retail apathy too. Just Zelda and 1-2 switch I think and that was it.

Of all the major markets, the UK is the least receptive towards Nintendo so retailer apathy there will likely be much higher than America, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, etc.

You could be right. I do think some of the smaller countries of Europe have more Nintendo apathy than the UK but not France or Germany. 

Updated, with this week the switch has began to actually catch up to both wii u and 3ds.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Updated, with this week the switch has began to actually catch up to both wii u and 3ds.

Thanks for keeping thread up todate :) looking forwards to seeing this one come end of year.

Around the Network

deifnitely interested in how it does in its first post launch quarter.

3DS averaged a little over 25k from Apr-June 2011

Wii U averaged around 15k from Jan-March 2013

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

nice thread

The sales are strong with this one

I think it will pass Wii U easily :)

Tagging.

Come MK8 DX and Splatoon 2 we should definitely see the Switch putting up more of a fight against the 3DS. Wii U will be but a speck compared to Switch anyhow, no need to bring it up more.