By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why It's Morally Okay To Pirate All Of Nintendo's Games (The Jimquisition)

I reported this thread for copyright violation.

Yep 50 100.00%

Total:50
outlawauron said:
SpokenTruth said:

Isn't this a Youtube policy that Nintendo is using?  And aren't Let's Play gamers making money off of Nintendo's IP?

No, they're not. Isn't that the basis of all the problems. Nintendo ends up claiming all ad revenue.

No, in order to make money off of Nintendo content you have to be sign up to be a Nintendo content person or something.

They then take like 25% of all your revenue or something as their cut.

Nintendo only providers seem to be fine with this, its the ones that do many different types of games that it runs into problems. Say I was an LP'er and did all games. Even though only 20% of my LP's are Nintendo games, they woudl want to take a cut of everything. It's an all or nothing for them.

That's why you see either people who do no nintendo or purely nintendo.

At least that is how I understood it when this was a big deal X years ago when Nintendo came out with policy.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
outlawauron said:

No, they're not. Isn't that the basis of all the problems. Nintendo ends up claiming all ad revenue.

Prior to the Youtube program.   And they still retain 70% with the program.

So is that only on Nintendo videos or what irstupid said?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Goodnightmoon said:
Volterra_90 said:

Agreed. And it's not because he jumped on the Nintendo-hate bandwagon (it's "fine" as long as the argument is right). But this comparison makes zero sense to me. Nintendo YT policies are wrong? Yeah, I think they are. But there's a long way from that to piracy imho.

And you have an entire coment section jerking themself together about how nintendo is the worst company in the world ever... because they have an outdated approach to youtube... mindblowing.

Yep. Though I still see that YT policy as awfully bad... We're talking about a videogame company here. It's bad, yep, but as long as they make solid efforts on the gaming department, "worse company" is totally OTT.

So 2 wrongs do make a right! I knew my parents were full of shit!

This is a mindblowingly dumb argument if he's serious, but that's the problem with the Jimquisition: He uses so much hyperbole that it's sometimes hard to tell how serious he is about an issue.