By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you buy Nier Automata if it's censored outside of Japan?

If censored, will you still buy it?

Yes. 57 41.91%

No. 41 30.15%

I'm import it. 12 8.82%

Don't care either way. 26 19.12%

Total:136

Censoring panty shots would be very stupid, I hope they don't do it. Demo had them so I guess they wouldn't do it now.

The rating is already an M, wouldn't see the point on censoring something like that

Around the Network

If you're concerned about these kinds of things, then you probably should focus more on the actual game.

If they somehow manage to censor skirt physics and whole camera angles to prevent panty shots, I'll be impressed. Considering the demo is free and lets you see quite a bit, there's no reason to change the paid full version.

I don't think we have any reason to believe that anything is censored.

For my choices in not supporting something because of censorship, it depends.

I still have LEs of games that are sealed because I'm going to resell. FE Fates is one of them (that more horrid localization and nickel & diming than just covering up things), I cancelled my LE preorder for TMS and then bought it pre-owned. Just depends. I ignored Fatal Frame 5 because of their censorship and lack of physical copy.

If I truly want to play something, then it'd take a ton for me to ignore it. Something that I don't really care about (Fatal Frame, TMS, etc) is almost certainly going to get dropped when they decide to screw with it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Of course I will, that's not a strong enough reason to not support the game.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I still have LEs of games that are sealed because I'm going to resell. FE Fates is one of them (that more horrid localization and nickel & diming than just covering up things), I cancelled my LE preorder for TMS and then bought it pre-owned. Just depends. I ignored Fatal Frame 5 because of their censorship and lack of physical copy.

If I truly want to play something, then it'd take a ton for me to ignore it. Something that I don't really care about (Fatal Frame, TMS, etc) is almost certainly going to get dropped when they decide to screw with it.

Just for the record, I almost DIDN'T buy Dungeon Travelers 2 not because of what was being censored but because what was being censored seemed so petty.  I'm a sucker for an anime styled turned based dungeon crawler which lead to my interest in Dungeon Travelers 2.  I'm very anti-censorship, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of a great game such as Indigo Prophecy for the PS2.

Researching Dungeon Travelers 2, the censorship took nothing away from the game play. What got censored were 4 simple images in which one looked liked a demon was having oral sex.  That I can probably understand.  But if such a big deal was made out of something so little to begin with by the developers themselves from my interpretation, I feel compelled to not support the title out of principle.  Make a big deal out of something that's big, not four simple images that are opened to interpretation. But i did eventually buy Dungeon Travelers 2.

In regards to Nier, I don't see an issue with how it stands now, but it wouldn't surprise me if clothing were to change to look less revealing. Someone mentioned earlier that since the game is already rated mature, changing clothing isn't going to make much difference with the rating which I agree. But changing clothing is simple to implement.

Yes, its the game that interests me, not the butts.

LivingMetal said:
outlawauron said:

Just for the record, I almost DIDN'T buy Dungeon Travelers 2 not because of what was being censored but because what was being censored seemed so petty.  I'm a sucker for an anime styled turned based dungeon crawler which lead to my interest in Dungeon Travelers 2.  I'm very anti-censorship, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of a great game such as Indigo Prophecy for the PS2.

Researching Dungeon Travelers 2, the censorship took nothing away from the game play. What got censored were 4 simple images in which one looked liked a demon was having oral sex.  That I can probably understand.  But if such a big deal was made out of something so little to begin with by the developers themselves from my interpretation, I feel compelled to not support the title out of principle.  Make a big deal out of something that's big, not four simple images that are opened to interpretation. But i did eventually buy Dungeon Travelers 2.

In regards to Nier, I don't see an issue with how it stands now, but it wouldn't surprise me if clothing were to change to look less revealing. Someone mentioned earlier that since the game is already rated mature, changing clothing isn't going to make much difference with the rating which I agree. But changing clothing is simple to implement.

In general (and regards to Dungeon Travelers 2), if a publisher has to edit content in order to get the game released at all, then I understand completely. That just used often as a crutch and isn't the actual reason. NISA used that on Criminal Girls but then it came out that it was entirely false and they made it up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Probably not. I will just yar it + nude mod.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

outlawauron said:
LivingMetal said:

In general (and regards to Dungeon Travelers 2), if a publisher has to edit content in order to get the game released at all, then I understand completely. That just used often as a crutch and isn't the actual reason. NISA used that on Criminal Girls but then it came out that it was entirely false and they made it up.

I cannot think of the damn titles right now, but I know that there were censored VITA releases of games that were later released on PC in its uncensored form.  Criminal Girls might be one of them. When issues like this happen, it makes me a little leary of supporting a title out of princible that's been censored from it's orginal source.