By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happens when you wear a metal equipment on a thunderstorm in Zelda Breath of the Wild

Tagged games:

I bet that's awesome the first time!

And then annoying each and every time afterwards.

I might be in the small minority but does anyone else give a small sigh when you have to situationally change equipment in games? Reminds of instances in Skyrim where I had to put on my Helm Of Waterbreathing or Ring Of Pickpocketing. My solution? Mods that give me more accessory slots. I'm never without my Belly Button Ring Of Thievery or my Earrings Of Dolphin.

In Skyrim, I mean. I doubt Zelda will have mods.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
SvennoJ said:
Hmm, metal armor would actually protect him from the worst of a lightning strike. He would still be badly burned though.

That's probably why Link falls surrounded by flames...

This to me indicates that at some point in the game we will need one of the main tunics since on the long run avoinding thunderbolts could become anoying

Wonder if this only affects equipment or will we need to swap out our hylian shield/master sword for a boku stick/wooden shield.

S.Peelman said:
Wow. O.O

Though I wished I didn't spoil myself with this just now lol.

Yea, I'd heard this said, but hadn't seen it before. Now when playing, I'll know to quickly swap my equipment when I see the blue sparks around me. I'll know it means danger and that i'm not going super saiyan 2.

pokoko said:

I might be in the small minority but does anyone else give a small sigh when you have to situationally change equipment in games? Reminds of instances in Skyrim where I had to put on my Helm Of Waterbreathing or Ring Of Pickpocketing. My solution? Mods that give me more accessory slots. I'm never without my Belly Button Ring Of Thievery or my Earrings Of Dolphin.

Personally no. I like it. Brings more immersion. In Witcher 3, I loved when preparing for a fight I would make a concoction or bomb that would help me out. Apply oil to my sword and later when the inventory was better weighted, I would also at times switch equipment for better defense against creature/human.

I mean I"m out doing a hunt for a creature that I used my bestiary skills to learn about and find weaknesses. I like then implimenting them versus having an all in one gadget covering everything.

In Skyrim, I installed mods that made it so you would have to do things like eat or wear certain clothes to be warm in snow areas, ect.

That was... AWESOME!!!!

pokoko said:

Well Zelda might be annoying for you then since you have to change clothes for cold weather and warm weather.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

Well Zelda might be annoying for you then since you have to change clothes for cold weather and warm weather.

Don't need to. You can just eat spicy food instead.

irstupid said:
KLXVER said:

Don't need to. You can just eat spicy food instead.

True. Do you eat ice cream for warm weather or...?

I can actually die from a lightning strike.

Best game ever.

Luke888 said:
SvennoJ said:
Hmm, metal armor would actually protect him from the worst of a lightning strike. He would still be badly burned though.

That's probably why Link falls surrounded by flames...

This to me indicates that at some point in the game we will need one of the main tunics since on the long run avoinding thunderbolts could become anoying

Nah, just enequip the armor for a minute. Just like floating back up to the surface when you put your metal boots back in your backpack, since that makes total sense :)

That's awesome!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.