By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unreal Engine adds 4.15 support for Switch

The popular video game development engine Unreal Engine 4 has been specifically updated for the Nintendo Switch.

The graphically impressive engine has been updated to 4.15 and this should mean that we will see a number of Unreal Engine 4 designed titles appear on Nintendo’s upcoming system.

This should also mean that third-party developers will find it even easier to port their games across to the console.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/unreal-engine-nintendo-switch/#ixzz4YmUhcpMd

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

Great to hear. I'd really like to see Batman on the Switch for some reason.

monocle_layton said:

Arkham Knight used Unreal Engine 3.

This is the quote that caught my eye.
"One big feature that a number of developers will enjoy though, is an improvement to compile times for programmers. Epic claims they have been reduced by as much as 50 percent."

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

h2ohno said:
monocle_layton said:

What did the remaster use?

But Arkham city and Origins were on the Wii U, so I'm sure they could have all of them come to swtich with not too much work.

But why bother, they are old games, imo.They've been on enough systems and have had their remaster already. Let's move on to a new batman please.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
h2ohno said:

But Arkham city and Origins were on the Wii U, so I'm sure they could have all of them come to swtich with not too much work.

But why bother, they are old games, imo.They've been on enough systems and have had their remaster already. Let's move on to a new batman please.

Apparently Unreal engine 4.  Didn't realize they used the new engine for the remasters even though they stuck with the old engine for the newer game.

h2ohno said:
irstupid said:

Apparently Unreal engine 4.  Didn't realize they used the new engine for the remasters even though they stuck with the old engine for the newer game.

Is that true? Thats crazy.

Another very interesting thing mentioned in the article.

"Other improvements to the engine include better texture streaming, which should reduce CPU and memory usage, as well as load times; reduced overhead in executing Blueprints; the addition of a new UI blur widget, and new texture streaming debugging visualization tools, among hundreds of bug fixes."

Reducing CPU and memory usage will really help alot, as will reduced load times. Nice.

Too bad you skipped the part where Epic says that it is actually not ready enough to be able to release games on switch.

BTW, at the moment, have we seen actual footage of switch games on unreal engines? I wondrr

Though not completely ready, it's official so that's already good news

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]