By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you Prefer a Remake of Gen IV or Another One of Gen I

Gen I or Gen IV?

Gen I 36 42.86%

Gen IV 38 45.24%

Another Gen 10 11.90%

Total:84
mZuzek said:
aceburg0413 said:
I would much rather a sequel to the Kanto region, as opposed to a remake once more, ala Black and White 2, to which I actually hated, I hate you Speedo Pig evo line... forcing me to choose the non fire type for the first time ever... sorry, rage building.

Oh please. Fire types almost always suck. After Charizard, the only ones that were *decent* were Typhlosion and Delphox... Infernape, ehh. Maybe.

The other ones are awful. Grass and Water starters are where it's at.

If you talk design alone, sure, whatever floats your boat. But gameplay-wise Blaziken is the single-most useful and powerful starter of all, not just fire types alone. Its even banned from most competitive tiers cause its so broken. -_- 

Around the Network

Only speed boost Blaziken is as far as I know.

Why hate systems that bring you great games?

PSN: Aceburg0413

XBOX Live: Sheep of Doom13

Nintendo:  SheepofDoom13

3DS FC:  3222 - 5562 - 9867

Gen 4 remakes are almost guaranteed to happen, its just a matter of when. As for gen 1, please don't do it. We just got the first games on 3ds e-shop. Remaking the blandest and smallest region on Switch is wasted potential.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I wouldn't mind a Gen 1 re-remake, but would prefer a different remake (Gen 4) or a new game/sequel..

Platinum is my favourite Pokemon game :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Generation I remakes would be ridiculous. So much nostalgia packed into one game that people can't see that they really aren't all that amazing. (And they've happened already.) Generation IV remakes would be worth it and would also benefit greatly from new graphics considering the sizable leaps that have been made since 2006.

Around the Network

Gen IV, but only if it includes all the Platinum content.
Pok Platinum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>R/B

mZuzek said:
aceburg0413 said:
I would much rather a sequel to the Kanto region, as opposed to a remake once more, ala Black and White 2, to which I actually hated, I hate you Speedo Pig evo line... forcing me to choose the non fire type for the first time ever... sorry, rage building.

Oh please. Fire types almost always suck. After Charizard, the only ones that were *decent* were Typhlosion and Delphox... Infernape, ehh. Maybe.

The other ones are awful. Grass and Water starters are where it's at.

Incineroar is pretty badass.

If we're talking full out 3D open world. A true Console Pokemon. Gimme GEN 1 All Day every day. Specifically Pokemon Yellow Fam. INJECT IT RIGHT HERE

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

We already have a remake of Pokemon Blue and Red. We don't need a re-re-make. I mean, really people. What the hell lol. I'll take a brand new game over one I've beaten 100 times before any day of the week.

Acevil said:

With full potential of the switch I would say remake of the first one, insanely more money to be made. 

The newest games have already sold 15 million copies. I think the franchise is making enough money as it is without having to make yet another remake.