- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

As do I. VR just isn't ready to rock the world yet. I don't need VR to have fun either. It's cool, I've played my fair share of it, and it's not something I could do throughout the year.

Mummelmann said:
Soundwave said:

Kinda par for the course.

Miyamoto doesn't like CDs, Miyamoto doesn't like online, etc. etc. Whatever new trend there is in gaming that isn't from Nintendo he doesn't like.

Like I said before Nintendo wouldn't like VR either because it's not kid friendly. Having little 8-year-old Timmy puke on the carpet because he played Virtual Mario too long is not going to sit well with mommy, and Nintendo desperately needs to be mom-approved. 

Don't forget user generated content...

OT: Well, VR is too soon, and sales figures reflect that notion as well, but it will probably become huge. I find it a little funny that a man that has been allergic to online initiatives and has had such a hard-on for a gimmick that has more or less died three times in games and cinema (3D) says all this though. He's still grossly out of touch.

i still need a source on the bolded. Sure you could point out Star Fox Zero but he did think online could work for Luigi's Mansion 2. 

As much as I dislike what they are doing with the switch that is not more than a toy to hunt pockemon, I think he's got a point. And I recognize in his message the same reason for which I was following Nintendo, they promote a culture of couch co-op and multiplayer fun. That cannot be found in ps-Xbox world.

A pitty the last player from the past is no more, and quit the home consoles market. They are not doing like sega did, but they are doing anyway. I'll probably miss them as I miss sega. That's life.

He's not the only one.

Around the Network

I feel like he is getting old. Old people dislike change.

VR is not a replacement for a TV or social activities. But sometimes you just dont want to hear or see anyone and get your 1-2 hours fun totally seperated from the world. VR can do this like no other medium can do and I think its great.

VR is not there to replace traditional gaming or TV. Its there to complement them and make new things possible that were impossible before.

Netyaroze said:

VR is not a replacement for a TV or social activities. But sometimes you just dont want to hear or see anyone and get your 1-2 hours fun totally seperated from the world. VR can do this like no other medium can do and I think its great.

VR is not there to replace traditional gaming or TV. Its there to complement them and make new things possible that were impossible before.

Heck, they are releasing Breath of the Wild. A massive single player game. How is that game not an experience that isolates you from the rest of the world? Because you don't wear a headset with a screen when you play it? There's not a lot of gamers who play this kind of single player games in a social environment.

Netyaroze said:

He's in his 60s ... he is old. 

j.thomaz said:
As much as I dislike what they are doing with the switch that is not more than a toy to hunt pockemon, I think he's got a point. And I recognize in his message the same reason for which I was following Nintendo, they promote a culture of couch co-op and multiplayer fun. That cannot be found in ps-Xbox world.

A pitty the last player from the past is no more, and quit the home consoles market. They are not doing like sega did, but they are doing anyway. I'll probably miss them as I miss sega. That's life.

Really? My kids and I enjoy Minecraft, Terraria, PvZ GW2, Lego dimensions and any other lego game, Trackmania Turbo, Skylanders, Rocket League, Super stardust Ultra, Just Dance, Nom Nom Galaxy, Knack, LBP3, Resogun, Dynasty Warriors 8, and I'm sure there are more. The ps4 is used more by them playing together than the WiiU.

Meanwhile the WiiU hosts the only single player lego game and now it seems super mario oddyssey will be single player only as well!

Soundwave said:
Netyaroze said:

He's in his 60s ... he is old. 

Yeah I know but I mean old in his mind.